Book it Battle is going to play out of his mind the rest of the year | Syracusefan.com

Book it Battle is going to play out of his mind the rest of the year

20Plus

I can see it
He’s improved as Jim had noticed his improvement versus last spring

But he is now relaxed on his jumper.

He has added a runner.

The biggest reason is the opposing teams defense have so much more to worry about this year with the addition of Hughes and Jalen and guaranteed improvement of Brisset and Marek

Battle is relentless and is something we should enjoy. The sequence I most enjoyed was his response to the 5 point play; after the ridiculous the wesson moving screen, i appreciated that he made it clear he had it with wesson and wasn't gonna take it. A few minutes later he hits the dagger three. Those types of plays just make you smile and differentiate Battle- and this Cuse team- in big games.

shooting 31 % deep ain't gonna get him drafted. but forget the draft and get to the rim.

Battle is relentless and is something we should enjoy. The sequence I most enjoyed was his response to the 5 point play; after the ridiculous the wesson moving screen, i appreciated that he made it clear he had it with wesson and wasn't gonna take it. A few minutes later he hits the dagger three. Those types of plays just make you smile and differentiate Battle- and this Cuse team- in big games.
Almost saw a little of that mean mug to the crowd when he hit that 3, reminiscent of Michigan State game.

I can see it
He’s improved as Jim had noticed his improvement versus last spring

But he is now relaxed on his jumper.

He has added a runner.

The biggest reason is the opposing teams defense have so much more to worry about this year with the addition of Hughes and Jalen and guaranteed improvement of Brisset and Marek
That left handed runner made me a little nervous, but if he can get that to work consistently... that would be a great addition to the repertoire

shooting 31 % deep ain't gonna get him drafted. but forget the draft and get to the rim.
The guy is taking fewer 3s, is converting on almost 54% of his 2s, played the first four games out of position, and people still find something to moan and snipe about.

don't kid yourself. this is an NBA audition. there were questions if he'd even return this year. he did.
he's got to get his mind on what helps my team win. but he also is thinking about what gets me paid.
it's a tough balance. i'd think the best bet is get your team into the tourney then freelance get yours.

Last year we had 3 shooters on the floor most games -- Battle, Howard, and Brissett. Teams would not even defend Chukwu and Moyer/Dolezaj. Replace Moyer/Dolezaj with Hughes. Now SU has 4 legitimate scorers and Dolezaj is no longer the player who would simply catch and pass the ball. And we have a legitimate sub scorer in Carey.

Point is that this year's team has many more offensive options than last year's team which keeps defenses from overplaying guys like Battle. Now if Sidibe can become even a minor force on offense. . .

if you take out the 2 games in nyc (hopefully an outlier) he appears to be a more efficient offensive player this year. and that's a very good thing

Don’t take this as complaining but I do wish Battle could add a little bit of a facilitator element to his game. I have to think that would elevate him to truly unstoppable level and really help his draft stock. Currently if he starts a move to the rim he is going all the way 99% of the time. If he added a dump off or kick out 20% of the time he’d become truly lethal and our offense would be much more efficient.

Don’t take this as complaining but I do wish Battle could add a little bit of a facilitator element to his game. I have to think that would elevate him to truly unstoppable level and really help his draft stock. Currently if he starts a move to the rim he is going all the way 99% of the time. If he added a dump off or kick out 20% of the time he’d become truly lethal and our offense would be much more efficient.
I agree he (and the team)would be better if he improved his passing...even just worked on his entry passes to the post...let alone the drive and dish...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom