Book Richardson pleads guilty | Syracusefan.com

Book Richardson pleads guilty

RF2044

Living Legend
Deservedly so.

Colossal cheater. not sure what his penalties should be in the grand scheme of things, but nice to see someone who flagrantly breaks the rules go down.

If it was at Syracuse they’d charter the Goodyear Blimp to broadcast it over all major cities for the rest of the season.

More like, the NCAA would announce it the day before the tournament starts.

More like, the NCAA would announce it the day before the tournament starts.
Hey RF, was it you the other day talking about PC applying for a 6th year. It's a great idea but the more I think about it, there is no way the NCAA would allow anything good happen to a JAB led program.

Hey RF, was it you the other day talking about PC applying for a 6th year. It's a great idea but the more I think about it, there is no way the NCAA would allow anything good happen to a JAB led program.

I don't think it was me.

I wouldn't be opposed, but 6th year waivers are pretty difficult to get approved. Not counting on him being able to clear those hurdles, even if he were so inclined.

Really is unbelievable, but yea lets throw the book at Syracuse for freaking weed and ymca
You really have to wonder if we will every hear anymore from the NCAA or the FBI. Not that I am a Pitino fan but you almost have to feel a little sorry for him that he lost his job while these other schools/coaches escaped with no punishment.

It really is amazing. This thing is a total non event out here in AZ. (Although I think Miller is in trouble because he, well, is a crappy coach.) How did UNC and Arizona totally slide through their issues? SMH.

another yawn item from the media - so far this has amounted to nothing.

It is amazing how people don't really care. I think it is combination of assumption that corruption is rampant, timeline of events (investigations take years), and completely random outcomes in terms of enforcement. If you try and think about it rationally, your head just explodes.

The part that upsets me the most is the coach often bails, and faces zero material consequences. The program and athletes end up suffering as a result. Prime example, Pete Carroll jumping to the Seahawks

You really have to wonder if we will every hear anymore from the NCAA or the FBI. Not that I am a Pitino fan but you almost have to feel a little sorry for him that he lost his job while these other schools/coaches escaped with no punishment yet.
FIFY.

The FBI only gave the NCAA permission to proceed about a month or so ago. It's believed that they've turned over copies of the materials that are part of the court record for the NCAA to use. Pitino was fired by Louisville because they decided to do so. They were not told by the NCAA to fire him. Now, could it be that they did it hoping to reduce their penalties? Mos' def.

It is amazing how people don't really care. I think it is combination of assumption that corruption is rampant, timeline of events (investigations take years), and completely random outcomes in terms of enforcement. If you try and think about it rationally, your head just explodes.

The part that upsets me the most is the coach often bails, and faces zero material consequences. The program and athletes end up suffering as a result. Prime example, Pete Carroll jumping to the Seahawks
I think this is spot on - the fans know and don't care and the outcomes are so random that people know that the right thing will rarely be done. For me it's no different than the Clinton and now Trump investigations. Morally challenged self-promoters on both sides make everyone skeptical, and result in even positive results being ignored or accepted with a skewed view.

I don't think it was me.

I wouldn't be opposed, but 6th year waivers are pretty difficult to get approved. Not counting on him being able to clear those hurdles, even if he were so inclined.

Agree. I don't think it's a sure approval either consider his redshirt year was by choice when he transferred.

I was really impressed with the level of recruiting Arizona demonstrated for a while, in large part due to Book.

Really discouraging knowing it wasn't skill or ability to sell vision, it was bags making the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom