Boston? L.A.? Houston? Chicago? Carmelo Anthony trade rumors heating up | Syracusefan.com

Boston? L.A.? Houston? Chicago? Carmelo Anthony trade rumors heating up

that'd be a nice nail in the coffin for the NBA

Lol. Not eVen close.

Who the hell would want to watch the NBA if D Wade, Lebron and Melo were on the same team?

It'd be like watching olympic basketball

As a Syracuse alum, I like Carmelo Anthony, and he is one of the better offensive talents in the game. I’d be interested to see how far all these superstars will go to cap their salary in the name of a title, and if the Heat can really figure out a way to make it work, then I say why not go for it? It’s not like they haven’t played together before in the Olympics, so there’s a blueprint for it to work. I’m not saying I love the idea of all these stars banding together to title-chase, but that does say something about their desire to win if they’re willing to give up potentially millions of dollars to do it. So sure, add another star, bring in Melo. Oh, and bring in another point guard as well. D-Will maybe?
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports/2014/06/16/miami-heat-world-cup-hooligan/10650683/

Yeah no one watched the NBA when the bulls won the title every year.

I mean, the Spurs just killed Miami like 4 days ago. Even if you just plugged Melo on the Miami team, assuming no other changes, its not like Miami runs all over that Spurs team.

Miami won 1 game when TD and TP missed 4 straight FT's in the last 2 mins and they won this game by two points - with Melo they Heat lose 4-1 or 4-2

Yeah no one watched the NBA when the bulls won the title every year.

I mean, the Spurs just killed Miami like 4 days ago. Even if you just plugged Melo on the Miami team, assuming no other changes, its not like Miami runs all over that Spurs team.
Heat should sign Melo and draft Ennis. He would be the perfect PG for that team.

The problem with Melo opting out right now is that I can't see a spot he can go to and actually compete for a title right away. In that sense, if he has to wait a year anyways, perhaps staying in NY is actually the smartest move simply because of everything coming off the books after next season.