Bot -- worried about saftey of Mcqueary | Syracusefan.com

Bot -- worried about saftey of Mcqueary

Consider me surprised. If by surprised, you mean thinking to myself "No ."

I dont know how this guys still has a job either...

36 minutes ago - by Jim Rodenbush - Report: McQueary will not be on sideline
The Board of Trustees has asked interim coach Tom Bradley to keep WRs coach Mike McQueary off the field Saturday out of concern for his safety, according to a report in The Allentown (Pa.) Morning Call. The board does not plan to fire McQueary or ask him to resign, according to the newspaper. Lions RapidReports

I think when everything eventually comes out, all these guys involved in one way or another should worry about their safety.

Why...on...earth...won't...McQueary...just...resign...already.

Good lord. Your football coaching career is over, you need to accept it and move on.

I don't get why he wasn't canned too. Is there more to his story that somehow mitigates his (moral) culpability?

I dont know how this guys still has a job either...
He had a no-fire clause built into his contract when he was promoted from grad student to coach if he kept his mouth shut.

The guys in a tough position..pro Paterno people and those blinded by their love of PSU hate him for outing Paterno..people who are more inclined to be sick over the whole thing would like to strangle him for not going straight to the police and seemingly being bought off.

The guys in a tough position..pro Paterno people and those blinded by their love of PSU hate him for outing Paterno..people who are more inclined to be sick over the whole thing would like to strangle him for not going straight to the police and seemingly being bought off.

It's funny, when I first read the grand jury report, I assumed it was a 22 year old grad assistant and I actually believed his actions were justifiable under the circumstances because a lot (not all) 22 year olds aren't ready to deal with what he saw. Running to his father didn't seem to off. But my God, how does this POS live with himself knowing how how he handled himself?

No reasong for him to stick around at this point. No reasong to keep him around either. Why neither party has takent he steps to separate themselves is a bit confusing. He must have some iron-clad deal to keep his job.

I'm guessing he got Sandusky'd when he was a kid as well and he's on both sides of the coverup... negligence as an adult, victim as a child.

Good lord. Your football coaching career is over, you need to accept it and move on.

Seriously.

Although, I wonder if they haven't fired him because lawyers are telling the BOT that he's a whistleblower, and that will open them up to even more litigation. Of course at this point PSU is going to be paying out so much $$$ in settlements one more may hardly matter.

All of their careers are over...at PSU anyway. Was listening to satelite radio and the sentiment of the guest caller (some reporter) was that the entire staff would more than likely be cleared out at season's end. Not sure how they can do that and still have a program, though. Wouldn't you have to hire a new coach first so they can get their own people lined up?

Seriously.

Although, I wonder if they haven't fired him because lawyers are telling the BOT that he's a whistleblower, and that will open them up to even more litigation. Of course at this point PSU is going to be paying out so much $$$ in settlements one more may hardly matter.

I get the not firing him part, at least at the moment. You know he's going to be gone shortly anyway, you've taken down the power players, make sure there are no legal implications for firing McQueary before you do anything.

But how does McQueary even show up for work? They are putting him in the booth because of his safety? Put aside for a moment that it is pretty awful that he didn't at least walk away 9 years ago, but what's the point now? Just resign. I'm sure they will still be willing to pay you for the rest of the season.