Both of these are facts- | Syracusefan.com

Both of these are facts-

1. SU did this to themselves based on very poor early season play
2. USC has not beaten a team with a winning record since January 25th

Yes.

1a. We also have as many or more good wins as the other bubble teams
2a. As Kara Lawson mentioned, if you look at the records of any of the bubble teams it's certainly not a beauty contest. They all have major flaws. Syracuse more than the others proved they can beat anyone.

Wait, no team that finished over .500 or none that were .500 or above at the time???

"USC proved they could win on the road while Syracuse by comparison performed poorly away from the Carrier Dome."

Syracuse's best road win: at #63 Clemson
USC's best road win: at #93 Texas A&M

Two more:

1. Vandy is the first team to receive an at-large bid with more than 14 losses
2. Vandy received a 9 (!) seed

Of course I'm not happy Cuse was left out. But I'm not wasting my time comparing Cuse to bubble teams that made it. It's over. What's done is done. No use blaming anyone either. They just need to play with pride and do well in the NIT.

I only wish White and Gillon could have made it being 5th year seniors who came here with the hope of making the NCAA tournament.

Of course I'm not happy Cuse was left out. But I'm not wasting my time comparing Cuse to bubble teams that made it. It's over. What's done is done. No use blaming anyone either. They just need to play with pride and do well in the NIT.

I only wish White and Gillon could have made it being 5th year seniors who came here with the hope of making the NCAA tournament.

Sure is over.

However, every ESPN analyst- who understand basketball- are basically trashing the fact Syracuse is not in over some teams. Fact.

"Doesn't matter - They're in the 'Conference of Champions'" - Bill Walton

Love Walton, but he was obnoxious with that last night during Arizona/Oregon

We all wish that but the good news for them is that both of them already got all of the exposure they were looking for which they would not have gotten at any other school.

Maybe they could of learned to play defense.

I'm done defending these two. They didn't and as a result we lost to UCONN, GTOWN and SJU. Oh, I forgot about BC!

Yes we soiled ourselves. But, because of the data, and, the fact that freaking Vandy got a 9 seed; I'm really puzzled. USC is a head scratcher. It's two things, IMO. The pathetic road/OOC and/or Boeheim's rant post-Miami. Even USC VS Syracuse doesn't make sense. Boeheim's rant!! In live time I jumped out of my seat and was like, "NOO...what is he doing??! Somebody pull the plug on him!" We'll never know but I do think it was the nail in the coffin.

You think those two are why we lost to those teams? You're a joker with these posts.

And you're rediulous to think otherwise. You can't have your pudding if you don't eat eat your meat.

Last edited:
"Doesn't matter - They're in the 'Conference of Champions'" - Bill Walton

Love Walton, but he was obnoxious with that last night during Arizona/Oregon

He's pretty much a clown. I watch games for the basketball, not for the moronic babble spewed by the commentators.

Maybe they could of learned to play defense.

I'm done defending these two. They didn't and as a result we lost to UCONN, GTOWN and SJU. Oh, I forgot about BC!
So you are blaming White and Gillon for not playing D for some games early in the season, when the whole team was having probs? Really?

This "what if game" or "blame game" is fine if you want to play, but the past is done. Tomorrow is a new day, maybe a less frustrating one for you.

So you are blaming White and Gillon for not playing D for some games early in the season, when the whole team was having probs? Really?

This "what if game" or "blame game" is fine if you want to play, but the past is done. Tomorrow is a new day, maybe a less frustrating one for you.

This is a team who can't win away from the dome. These two LEADERS ars a huge reason why.

OMG - USC didn't get a win vs any 26-50 teams... of course it is hard to get those type of victories when you don't play anybody. But let's keep on blasting them for not having any. They did enough against top 25 teams...not quite as much as us, but they proved they could win those games.

We can ignore bad losses and OOC all we want. But they are part of the equation. The picking and choosing of criteria by whiners is unbearable.

We all wish that but the good news for them is that both of them already got all of the exposure they were looking for which they would not have gotten at any other school.
Yes they got exposure and played in the ACC against some good teams (agreed). But I still wish (them too) they could have made it. But stuff happens. Like last year when due to the hooker scandal, Univ of Louisville self-imposed a post-season ban, which hurt their 2 5th year guys, 2 high character guys from mid-majors who played their hearts out with no tie to that scandal. Wish they could have made it too like White and Gillon. Everyone moves on of course.

OMG - USC didn't get a win vs any 26-50 teams... of course it is hard to get those type of victories when you don't play anybody. But let's keep on blasting them for not having any. They did enough against top 25 teams...not quite as much as us, but they proved they could win those games.

We can ignore bad losses and OOC all we want. But they are part of the equation. The picking and choosing of criteria by whiners is unbearable.

whose fault is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom