Both teams played terrible but ref change it | Syracusefan.com

Both teams played terrible but ref change it

tino

Scout Team
It does not matter about hitting the 3's or anything else during the game , both were playing even...terrible, but again the refs change it all with 2 terrible calls giving Dayton the win...if not for the calls Cuse wins..

HOW DO YOU NOT CALL TRAVELING AS HE IS FALLING OUT OF BOUNDS CALLING TIME OUT...thats what I mean they gave Dayton the win

We had the ball with a chance to win and 16 seconds on the clock. Can't blame the refs.

Friggin guy was like a kid hopping on one leg getting water out of his ear after swimming

I know...they saw it and did not call it...fix was in

We had the ball with a chance to win and 16 seconds on the clock. Can't blame the refs.
I said at the flagrent call that it would make the difference,,,it did how can you not blame them it gave 3 points to Dayton that didnt deserve

Come on. We sucked on offense and that's why we lost. Not the bleeping refs.

I said at the flagrent call that it would make the difference,,,it did how can you not blame them it gave 3 points to Dayton that didnt deserve

It gave them one point because they already had the ball when they ended up calling the flagrant. We still had a great chance to win. Ennis can't be pulling up that far from basket when he was easily getting inside all night.

But the refs were still a factor: Cooney fouled on a 3 not called, The travel, and the Dayton player fouled Cooney before the elbow.

And Rak fouled about 3 times that weren't called, and I'm sure there were a couple other that Dayton fans could easily point out.

We should have beaten those guys by 15.

And Rak fouled about 3 times that weren't called, and I'm sure there were a couple other that Dayton fans could easily point out.

We should have beaten those guys by 15.
And several of our guys got fouled going in the lane with no call...several shots could've been "and 1's"
The refs didn't steal the game from us...but they didn't help. Dayton got the better of the calls...we both agree we should've won by at least 15.

I'm not even complaining about the heat of the moment ones they missed.

I'm complaining about the one they reviewed for 5 minutes. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not even complaining about the heat of the moment ones they missed.

I'm complaining about the one they reviewed for 5 minutes. Absolutely ridiculous.

It's the rule. They got it right based on a bad rule. And the way they did it was appropriate. It's the only play that's reviewable all game long. (I think)

It's the rule. They got it right based on a bad rule. And the way they did it was appropriate. It's the only play that's reviewable all game long. (I think)

It's an absurd rule.

Mindblowingly stupid, actually. I flip out every time it's called...even moreso in a 2 point tourney loss.

I think that overall, we got the better of the officiating. Either way, they weren't the reason we lost.

The hopping call just blows your mind because it's such an obviously easy call. Yeah, they miss calls on contact all game long - no matter who is playing. It's difficult to be an official.

Had the kid hopped once, with two officials watching, maybe you miss the call. The kid hopped twice, and didn't attempt to call timeout till he was falling out of bounds. They missed three ridiculously obvious calls on one play. Head scratcher.

Last edited:
The hopping call just blows your mind because it's such an obviously easy call. Yeah, they miss calls on contact all game long - no matter who is playing. It's difficult to be an official.

Had the kid hopped once, with two officials watching, maybe you miss the call. The kid hopped twice, and didn't attempt to call timeout till he was falling out of bounds. They missed three ridiculously obvious calls on one play. Head scratcher.

This is what the ref would tell you if he was being honest..

fair was forcing him out...so really I could have either called a foul on Fair or given them the time out..so i actually did Syracuse a favor.

Come on. We sucked on offense and that's why we lost. Not the bleeping refs.
So no bad calls by the refs changed the score? I didn't know the refs making bad calls had no impact. Sure we would have won if we scored more points, but the refs never get a free pass when they really blow calls.

As a coach you train your players to play through all that because you have no choice but to do so. However the truth is, refs can and sometimes do blow calls that impact the game for one team over another. It may not be the only reason for a loos but it sure as hell can be one of the reasons. You can refuse to accept this but it is hard to refute.

And if the refs were that good, why would you be calling the the "bleeping refs"? ;)

It gave them one point.

They were getting the ball anyway due to the stop in play for the Christmas foul.

We may have also gave a slight push to the player when he was near the line and "Travelled". In those situations the threshold four a foul is pretty low in terms of contact, so we could have easily been called for a foul there as well.

I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom