BottomLine: Support the Program | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BottomLine: Support the Program

Says the guy with the handle " BILLSIN01" haha.

Fair point. Although I have even less interest in the NFL. I also watch all sports on DVR, which is something even I admit is awful. I can't take replay reviews and tv timeouts. I have to have it recorded. How sad is that?

Oh come on the writing is on the wall we got the guy that looks like Kim kardashians ex husband.
Yesterday the writing was on the wall that Frost was coming here and Babers was the next coach at UCF. I'm not even sure there's a wall to write on.

Greg Robinson was a guy in his 50s who was a Peter Carroll / Pat Kirwin guy hoisted on Gross.

Our last guy bought his first suit about an hour before the introductory press conference. And he lost a lot of games and had some real basic management issues. He was a career coordinator and it was pointed out up front by people who got shouted down. And he was rescued from the unemployment line by Doug Marrone.

This guy seems to be a guy in training to be a HC. I get the defensive anger, but he isn't like the others on it's surface.

I find this whole scenario - More than amusing for several reasons.

That being said watching this board bury shafer, and now bury coyle and preemptively burying a new coach is a little maddening.

Yeah, I'd argue Ash is an innocent bystander in the frustration. The university doesn't want to spend and doesn't really -- if they're being honest -- want to play with the big boys at least financially. Now, I could easily argue that they are smart for feeling this way -- so I'm not necessarily hammering them. But the bottom line is, there are challenges here that need to be overcome and continually hiring inexperienced head coaches on the cheap is a tough strategy to buy into.

I'm not sure I agree completely with this. I actually think the commitment has been made to support football in an appropriate manner. But I think they're being fiscally responsible (conservative) in their approach.

Whether that's the way to build a winning football team that hasn't won in 15 years is up for debate - but it is what it is.

Fair point. Although I have even less interest in the NFL. I also watch all sports on DVR, which is something even I admit is awful. I can't take replay reviews and tv timeouts. I have to have it recorded. How sad is that?
It's not sad to watch sports on a 10 minute delay sans commercials at all. I know many people that do that. Your board screen name though is sad.

I find this whole scenario - More than amusing for several reasons.

That being said watching this board bury shafer, and now bury coyle and preemptively burying a new coach is a little maddening.
Yes, it's been painful, I agree. I'm upset enough about firing Shaf that I won't be satisfied unless they bring Urban himself in here. If it isn't someone who will vastly improve the program, what's the point really.

Favorite GURU? There is no GURU, I want to be paid millions to learn on the job too.. this is bad bad bad, could a real program ever get away with this without being laughed at? Syracuse can't be serious about winning, I wanted Shafer gone, now I miss him. You can always watch the games on TV, but who in their right mind is going to sign up for season tickets for Shafer 2.0? With less experience.

I'll always support the program and hope for the best. I can't imagine not watching or caring about Syracuse basketball or football.

With the right OC, Ash will do well. Think the AD knows more about the right candidate than all the experts on this site and that includes me. Everyone chill for the Cuse will rise again in football.

I'm not sure I agree completely with this. I actually think the commitment has been made to support football in an appropriate manner. But I think they're being fiscally responsible (conservative) in their approach.

Whether that's the way to build a winning football team that hasn't won in 15 years is up for debate - but it is what it is.

No I agree with that distinction. I think where I disagree is that in terms of coaching there are two pretty simple truths -- they need to pay to get their no. 1 guy and they need a really good guy. The latter could probably be true of anywhere but I look at a UCF playing in the AAC and recruiting in Florida -- get a good recruiter in there and potentially you could make some bowls based on pure talent alone. Regardless, the former is the key one -- if you are absolutely marginalized as a program and have suffered through 15 literally non-descript years with paltry attendance, no hint of excitement in the community about the program, etc., you need to get your guy. Want to renovate the dome instead of start over? Fine. Want to cut corners here and there on facilities? Fine. Whatever, but I really think they have to go spend to hire their guy when it comes to the head coach.

It's not sad to watch sports on a 10 minute delay sans commercials at all. I know many people that do that. Your board screen name though is sad.

because of how awful it is or because I'm too lazy to worry about changing it?

This situation is more akin to a Cleveland Steamer, Texas Slapper, or Alabama Hot Pocket.

I googled Alabama Hot Pocket and the definition in Urban Dictionary was supplied by "SWC." I'm not making that up.

the man won a national championship at OSU just last year. You honestly think he doesn't have brand rec? What are you guys smoking?
Ask 100 Ohio State fans who OSU's D coordinator is and 99 will say "Luke Fickell", the other person won't know. Chris Ash is pretty unknown even in Columbus. Urban hired him because he needed a DB coach and had to give him the "co-coordinator" title. He has no brand rec at all.

Ask 100 Ohio State fans who OSU's D coordinator is and 99 will say "Luke Fickell", the other person won't know. Chris Ash is pretty unknown even in Columbus. Urban hired him because he needed a DB coach and had to give him the "co-coordinator" title. He has no brand rec at all.
yet i read statements from reporters that cover the team that say he does run it. hmmm "fans" or journalists, who knows more?

Just put the football team in the FCS where it belongs. We will make the playoffs and compete for championships all the time at that level.

This whole ordeal just proves how valuable Coach Boeheim and Hopkins are. I hate to think what kind of basketball coach we could get post-Boeheim with SU's penny pinching.

We're lucky to even have them. We are getting them on a discount. We are a P5 school trying to get by on a Mid-Major budget.

the man won a national championship at OSU just last year. You honestly think he doesn't have brand rec? What are you guys smoking?

Grob won 'ships at factories, too. I cannot look at the guy, or hear him speak, without thinking of G Rob. He even has the dumbfounded look and speech cadence.

Coyle is seriously with us if this is the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom