Bourama played through a broken shnozz | Syracusefan.com

Bourama played through a broken shnozz

To me he is The Crow Server. I am gorging on Crow from him and I don’t mind. He’s been great and I said he would never be good. Not saying he’s at the level of our better big guys here but man has he improved. Props to Allen Griffin. We can now sell a big guy that we have a good big guy coach.

Bourama has really emerged. My expectation for next year is that the kid is a dbl/dbl machine. He's proven he can do it, his foul shooting is exponentially better, he's finishing better, his rebounding and defense is so much better.

bourama’s proven our boards impatient and doesn’t think rationally.

He took a couple years to recover from a substantial injury, for which we gave him about two games, and is now looking like a very solid big man

When Anthony threw his elbow into Sidibe’s face/nose trying to bully his way to get a shot off where there was no opening for a shot. Anthony is a real hard case thug. He will be shown the way if he makes the NBA.
If you watch Garrison Brooks post game press conference I’m pretty sure he was in directly talking about Anthony often ... saying things about their players who “whine to the refs” and said he didn’t think a lot of their players worked hard all year

Did he?!

I asked my wife if she thought he broke his nose. It was a nasty elbow!

Sidibe has really been so good for us in the last handful of games. Very very encouraging.

He deserves a new nickname.
Amazing job by Bourama. You never know when the lightbulb flips on for big guys (especially those with injuries). He was absolutely a beast the last 6 or 7 games. Makes us a totally different team next year. Gives us inside and out options and several athletic bigs who can run the floor (bourama, marek and Quincy) and beat opposing big guys down the court. Really excited to see another year of development and good health from him.
Cuse!

Amazing job by Bourama. You never know when the lightbulb flips on for big guys (especially those with injuries). He was absolutely a beast the last 6 or 7 games. Makes us a totally different team next year. Gives us inside and out options and several athletic bigs who can run the floor (bourama, marek and Quincy) and beat opposing big guys down the court. Really excited to see another year of development and good health from him.
Cuse!
And Girard is demonstrating he can get them the ball when they do.

i have long been bourama's biggest booster and i, too, have often been frustrated - not with him, but the fact that his tendonitis robbed him of so much of his career. great to see him come on strong the last part of the season. i am hoping for a healthy senior year from him so he can finally maximize on his talent.
also, get the fouling under control. i do believe a significant part of it was reputational - as the season progressed, he was whistled for fouls which could either have gone uncalled or should have gone the other way. hoping that changes his senior year. because if he can stay on the court, he'll be a serious contender for defensive player of the year. look at where he ranks in the conference on a percentage basis. top two are defensive & offensive rebounding percentage, bottom two are block percentage and steal percentage
(side note: sixth in defensive rebounding pct out of a zone is pretty damn impressive)
!boo.jpg

and just because

2pt.jpg

i think there is a chance our bigs are going to be pretty good next year.
marek will be a different kind of point forward than eli was, but boo & q could give us more of a power game to boost his assist totals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom