Bourama played through a broken shnozz | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama played through a broken shnozz

I thought I read somewhere that we have another center transferring in next year. A guy from the Ivy League or something, maybe the Patriot League. Dont remember his name or school but he is supposed to have been dominant.

I thought I read somewhere that we have another center transferring in next year. A guy from the Ivy League or something, maybe the Patriot League. Dont remember his name or school but he is supposed to have been dominant.

Tape’ but I doubt he’s coming now that Bourama has emerged. Not to mention Edwards is going to get better and stronger (hopefully) and we’ll have JBA after a redshirt year getting stronger.

i have long been bourama's biggest booster and i, too, have often been frustrated - not with him, but the fact that his tendonitis robbed him of so much of his career. great to see him come on strong the last part of the season. i am hoping for a healthy senior year from him so he can finally maximize on his talent.
also, get the fouling under control. i do believe a significant part of it was reputational - as the season progressed, he was whistled for fouls which could either have gone uncalled or should have gone the other way. hoping that changes his senior year. because if he can stay on the court, he'll be a serious contender for defensive player of the year. look at where he ranks in the conference on a percentage basis. top two are defensive & offensive rebounding percentage, bottom two are block percentage and steal percentage
(side note: sixth in defensive rebounding pct out of a zone is pretty damn impressive)
View attachment 177888
Just image if he can add weight. He is outweighed by 40 or more pounds by other centers.

Now I wonder why he was in with the walk-ons at the end of the game.
I was wondering the same thing? Was JB just not going to play Edwards or did he have a bad practice or was he not feeling well? Just not sure. It may be posted out here somewhere and I have not come across it yet.

When Anthony threw his elbow into Sidibe’s face/nose trying to bully his way to get a shot off where there was no opening for a shot. Anthony is a real hard case thug. He will be shown the way if he makes the NBA.
I have to say, Cole Anthony is the most dislikable player I have seen in college basketball since Grayson Allen.

His arrogance is only exceeded by his stupidity. Every time the camera features him, he is doing something dislikable. Makes a bad, very obvious foul and bitterly complains about it to the refs and his teammates, while not hustling or playing defense. Throws a pass to no one and yells at a teammate about it. Ignores a wide open teammate to try a 3, which he air balls.

Ugh. Take your frosted rasta braids, your hair band and go to a bench role in the G League, where you belong.

and just because

View attachment 177889

i think there is a chance our bigs are going to be pretty good next year.
marek will be a different kind of point forward than eli was, but boo & q could give us more of a power game to boost his assist totals

I can see people justifying Sidibe for center next year but We really need a bigger body down low

I was wondering the same thing? Was JB just not going to play Edwards or did he have a bad practice or was he not feeling well? Just not sure. It may be posted out here somewhere and I have not come across it yet.
Sid The Beast kept looking at JB with his broken nose and gave JB the look of “I dare you to take me out of this game!”
JB knew not to mess with Sid when he’s in his rebounding/alley-ooping beast mode. I think the refs were afraid to give Sid his 5th foul too. Sidibe was playing the rest of the game and no one could do anything about it!

Tape’ but I doubt he’s coming now that Bourama has emerged. Not to mention Edwards is going to get better and stronger (hopefully) and we’ll have JBA after a redshirt year getting stronger.
Why didn’t Jesse see the floor at all last night?

Patrick Tape from Columbia in the Ivy. Rumor is he's going to Maryland.

I have to say, Cole Anthony is the most dislikable player I have seen in college basketball since Grayson Allen.

His arrogance is only exceeded by his stupidity. Every time the camera features him, he is doing something dislikable. Makes a bad, very obvious foul and bitterly complains about it to the refs and his teammates, while not hustling or playing defense. Throws a pass to no one and yells at a teammate about it. Ignores a wide open teammate to try a 3, which he air balls.

Ugh. Take your frosted rasta braids, your hair band and go to a bench role in the G League, where you belong.
I agree but on the foul that I think you are referencing i think he was arguing that it wasn't a shooting foul. That said I too think he is hard to like, hard to play with and vastly overrated.

Another one of the idiotic calls by Dakich
I don't think he said it should be a no call but not necessarily a flagrant 1 or 2. And I agree. No intent.

I want Tape here! I believe he is better than Edwards and would keep Marek at f.

Tough get because his role here is as backup center. He‘d get plenty of PT but probably wants a starting gig.

I don't think he said it should be a no call but not necessarily a flagrant 1 or 2. And I agree. No intent.
''this year almost without exception, they have called any hit to the face flagrant. And I remember him saying that it was just a basketball move and shouldn't be called a foul.

''this year almost without exception, they have called any hit to the face flagrant. And I remember him saying that it was just a basketball move and shouldn't be called a foul.
ACC Network is replaying the SU-UNC game right now. Your memory is correct re: Dakich’s call. At first he said it was a foul, then he said it was “nothing” (though maybe he meant “nothing flagrant”).

Sidibe then made both of the free throws. Someone should break his nose before every free throw attempt :)

ACC Network is replaying the SU-UNC game right now. Your memory is correct re: Dakich’s call. At first he said it was a foul, then he said it was “nothing” (though maybe he meant “nothing flagrant”).

Sidibe then made both of the free throws. Someone should break his nose before every free throw attempt :)
Watching it now. A feel good afternoon pushing away the virus for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom