Bourama Sidibe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

Personally, I'd love to add Richards. But again, Sidibe isn't a "project" in the sense I believe you implied above. This is a guy who could be a multi-year starter here, with good skills and a solid frame for a HS big. He isn't a blue chipper like Bamba / Richards, but he isn't exactly a "settle," either.

Personally, I'd love to add Richards. But again, Sidibe isn't a "project" in the sense I believe you implied above. This is a guy who could be a multi-year starter here, with good skills and a solid frame for a HS big. He isn't a blue chipper like Bamba / Richards, but he isn't exactly a "settle," either.
So, like Jordoo said, he probably wouldn't scare Richards or Bamba away, but he probably wouldn't want to come here with Mattew Moyer, Taurean Thompson, Pascal Chukwu and then one of Bamba/Richards here. Or maybe he would, if he isn't expecting to play until his sophomore or redshirt freshman year.

So, like Jordoo said, he probably wouldn't scare Richards or Bamba away, but he probably wouldn't want to come here with Mattew Moyer, Taurean Thompson, Pascal Chukwu and then one of Bamba/Richards here. Or maybe he would, if he isn't expecting to play until his sophomore or redshirt freshman year.

I'd have to expect that our recruiting pitch to just about any recruit from the class of 2017 is something like: "We only have four scholarship players returning next year, and none of them started in 2016. You'll be competing right away for a starting spot..."

I agree in principal with your point, though. If Moyer projects as a 4 like many suggest, then 3 of those 4 returnees play the power positions. Wouldn't surprise me to see Chuwku start at C, Thompson at 4, with Moyer backing them up. So while a big isn't necessarily IMPERATIVE for the class, I'd be shocked if we didn't bring at least 1 into the fold. Have to fill the roster with guys who can play.

I'd have to expect that our recruiting pitch to just about any recruit from the class of 2017 is something like: "We only have four scholarship players returning next year, and none of them started in 2016. You'll be competing right away for a starting spot..."

I agree in principal with your point, though. If Moyer projects as a 4 like many suggest, then 3 of those 4 returnees play the power positions. Wouldn't surprise me to see Chuwku start at C, Thompson at 4, with Moyer backing them up. So while a big isn't necessarily IMPERATIVE for the class, I'd be shocked if we didn't bring at least 1 into the fold. Have to fill the roster with guys who can play.
Totally agree. I am hoping for Bamba or Richards, but if we end up with a center prospect as good as Sidibe as our fallback, that is pretty freaking good.

It looks like we could get a Richards or a Bamba and even possibly Sidibe.

With Ayton heading to Arizona, will be tough to beat out Kentucky for Richards...

I agree. I think he looks pretty polished all things considered and would be a good get. Especially considering the amount of scholarships we have.

I know that I'm falling into old stereotypes, but man, he just looks like Baye--not super explosive or strong, but wow, what long arms and legs! On his tape, it looks like maybe he's got a little more touch around the hoop though.
Much more coordinated than Baye
Different feel for the game.
I wouldn't even make that comparison, not even close!

If we can get this kid and Brissett that would be great as far as quality big kids who can develop into solid players. I think of them as Christmas (Sidibe) and Roberson (Bissett). I also want Bamba to go along with Green and Randolph and that makes nice little 5 person class.

He's ours if we want him. Will be interesting to see what happens during that recruiting trip.

I don't see why we wouldn't take him. Bamba is a long shot, Richards seems to favor UK and neither of these guys would be scared off by Sidibe if they wanted to come to SU.

I don't see why we wouldn't take him. Bamba is a long shot, Richards seems to favor UK and neither of these guys would be scared off by Sidibe if they wanted to come to SU.

Exactly. This is clearly a guy who needs some development. We need guys like this with how many open slots we will have. I think it'd be a good get. He's not as limited as someone like Chino.