Bowl Practice has begun | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bowl Practice has begun

It was a really fine line of fans loving him and pumping him way up. I've seen some pretty bold statements about Cordy. I love the fight the kid had and all, but he really was over-hyped on this board WHICH happnes a lot when you can sit back and look at a full body of work vs start of careers.
To be fair, I see him slammed on here as often as I see fans heaping praise on him. I see more myth spread about him than perhaps anyone. And to be fair, the kid is lucky that anyone ever gave him a shot on a D1 field. I can't name or picture a situation where he has not been physically outmatched. Maybe against the FCS teams, even those are arguable on a case by case basis. Somehow he makes plays. Has he gotten roasted? Yeah, sure. Has he gotten straight up bossed by players who are bigger, stronger, and faster? Yes. But that's what is supposed to happen. I love the kid because he puts it all on the line and somehow finds a way to make a play. Broken arm, broken leg...5 years...what more do you want?

To be fair, I see him slammed on here as often as I see fans heaping praise on him. I see more myth spread about him than perhaps anyone. And to be fair, the kid is lucky that anyone ever gave him a shot on a D1 field. I can't name or picture a situation where he has not been physically outmatched. Maybe against the FCS teams, even those are arguable on a case by case basis. Somehow he makes plays. Has he gotten roasted? Yeah, sure. Has he gotten straight up bossed by players who are bigger, stronger, and faster? Yes. But that's what is supposed to happen. I love the kid because he puts it all on the line and somehow finds a way to make a play. Broken arm, broken leg...5 years...what more do you want?

Oh I agree I love everything he has done for this team and wow he made some nice plays. He was in the group of secondary players that where on the wrong end of bomb after bomb after bomb and earned some colorful nicknames from me lol.

Why wouldn't it be beneficial?
Same reason Slayton doesn’t squat over 700 lbs. can he he’ll yeah. He hit that 700 with so much explosion he easily could have gotten 5-7 total which would put him max wise in the 775 to 800 lb squat. There has to be a point where ur not trashing there joints for a number ya know. There’s a lot of different ways to skin the cat. He could use bands, chains, or both or box squat to improve peak power and output. So can our freshman bench more hell yeah and he will. It becomes a joint issue at some point is what I am trying to say. I don’t lift the guys so I’m not sure their exact points but as I did at my high school lifting for central square a few years back I had a kid Alex and my kid cleaning 275 for 3x3. I feel that they could have worked for more but I saw their form go a little loose and decided to stop them but I now them kids since they were babies. Edinger knows his and he will pull back at the right times as in Slayton.

Same reason Slayton doesn’t squat over 700 lbs. can he he’ll yeah. He hit that 700 with so much explosion he easily could have gotten 5-7 total which would put him max wise in the 775 to 800 lb squat. There has to be a point where ur not trashing there joints for a number ya know. There’s a lot of different ways to skin the cat. He could use bands, chains, or both or box squat to improve peak power and output. So can our freshman bench more hell yeah and he will. It becomes a joint issue at some point is what I am trying to say. I don’t lift the guys so I’m not sure their exact points but as I did at my high school lifting for central square a few years back I had a kid Alex and my kid cleaning 275 for 3x3. I feel that they could have worked for more but I saw their form go a little loose and decided to stop them but I now them kids since they were babies. Edinger knows his and he will pull back at the right times as in Slayton.
This is true, and I'm sure they use all of those tools in their training. Based on the lack of injuries ( I hate to say that for fear of jinxing then), this training staff is about as good as you'll find and they know how to keep them fresh. There are certainly ways, as you stated, to keep the numbers creeping up without frying the CNS and the tendons.
You obviously know what you're talking about, so I respect your opinion. My point was simply, why wouldn't it be beneficial to be stronger if you can do it without hurting on field performance, which should be the reason for the strength training. I like his chances picking up a blitzing LB!

This is true, and I'm sure they use all of those tools in their training. Based on the lack of injuries ( I hate to say that for fear of jinxing then), this training staff is about as good as you'll find and they know how to keep them fresh. There are certainly ways, as you stated, to keep the numbers creeping up without frying the CNS and the tendons.
You obviously know what you're talking about, so I respect your opinion. My point was simply, why wouldn't it be beneficial to be stronger if you can do it without hurting on field performance, which should be the reason for the strength training. I like his chances picking up a blitzing LB!
Oh hell yeah. He should have no issue doing that. Especially with the punch he has. I wanna see him squatting or cleaning. He is built. I just worry about the tendon stuff and injuries. Edinger is an awesome strength coach though and I would love to go in there to watch their lifting.

Sounds like Cordy either left on his own or was suspended.

WVU down their star QB, leading WR, and left tackle. Shaping up as well as we could have hoped.
1545414260125.jpeg

Can't be right about non-freshman not being eligible for a redshirt. I don't recall Nadarius Fagan playing at all this season. Did I miss that ?

I raised an eyebrow that HCDB was so that open about the tackle spot. Intentional ?

Makes sense to me, that if your starting linemen aren't present, there would be shuffling and a little drop off. Still have 9 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom