Bowl projections | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Bowl projections

Yes. Duke's Mayo (which is bigger than Hellman's or Miracle Whip in the South) took over the sponsor ship of the bowl in Charlotte that has also been the Continental Tire, Meinke Car Care, and Belk Bowl. Until the CFP came about, it was fairly traditional for the 2nd highest ranked ACC team to go there (with the highest-ranked team going to a New Year's bowl), because they had the first pick of the lesser bowls.
I think it is the third pick for ACC.
1. NY6
2. Orlando, FL
3. Charlotte, NC

I think it is the third pick for ACC.
1. NY6
2. Orlando, FL
3. Charlotte, NC
I think things are more balanced for the ACC than they have been in some time.

Here is how they break out based on payout dollars, in descending order. The first 6 are all nice payouts where the schools participating should be guaranteed to make money.

Holiday 6.52
Cheez-It (Orlando) 6.07
Gator 5.35
Duke's Mayo (Charlotte) 4.78
Sun (El Paso) 4.55
Pinstripe (NYC) 4.4
Military (Annapolis) 2.07
Birmingham 1.37
Gasparilla (Tampa) 1.125
Fenway (TBD; not listed anywhere I could find. It is surely going to be pretty small)

Now most sources do not list a payout for the Holiday and I think it was made less prestigious with the last round of conference and time assignments. Pretty sure I saw the payout was expected to be reduced. This source lists the same payout as made in 2019. I doubt that is right.

If so, there will be a bunch of ACC schools angling for that one.

Unless we somehow end up 8-4, I think the best we can hope in terms of a payout is for is the Pinstripe.

I think things are more balanced for the ACC than they have been in some time.

Here is how they break out based on payout dollars, in descending order. The first 6 are all nice payouts where the schools participating should be guaranteed to make money.

Holiday 6.52
Cheez-It (Orlando) 6.07
Gator 5.35
Duke's Mayo (Charlotte) 4.78
Sun (El Paso) 4.55
Pinstripe (NYC) 4.4
Military (Annapolis) 2.07
Birmingham 1.37
Gasparilla (Tampa) 1.125
Fenway (TBD; not listed anywhere I could find. It is surely going to be pretty small)

Now most sources do not list a payout for the Holiday and I think it was made less prestigious with the last round of conference and time assignments. Pretty sure I saw the payout was expected to be reduced. This source lists the same payout as made in 2019. I doubt that is right.

If so, there will be a bunch of ACC schools angling for that one.

Unless we somehow end up 8-4, I think the best we can hope in terms of a payout is for is the Pinstripe.

Don't ACC teams pool all of their bowl payouts, then split evenly amongst all members?

Or am I misremembering that?

Don't ACC teams pool all of their bowl payouts, then split evenly amongst all members?

Or am I misremembering that?
I think they do on a limited scale, but your share of the money is tied to the bowl you got and the money you brought into the conference.

It probably isn't going to make a big difference. We are likely going to have the 6th, 7th or 8th best record in the conference and I expect a bowl placement that roughly coincides with that.

But I could see us getting the Pinstripe because no one else wants to play there.

Mayo on French Fries is awesome.
Inside Out Disney GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom