Bowl scenarios | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bowl scenarios

Bowl payouts do not matter...the ACC puts it all in a pot. The difference is Cuse's bowl location attractive enough to guarantee we purchase half the required allotment? (The ACC covers the other 50% as necessary)

I know, but given the Orange bowl is our anchor bowl and it’s unavailable since it’s part of the CFP the ACC misses out on the normal payout doesn’t it? My assumption is the at large spot in the peach is incremental payout to the ACC??

The Orange are winning the last 2 games. If they Win the last 2, they will have beaten the no. 3 team, lost to the no.2 team in the last minute and lost in double ot to Pitt, who is going to win the Coastal. It's the playoffs or bust.

People complaining about not having enough northeast games when we join the ACC and now want no part of the Pinstripe Bowl. I get the reasons why - just kinda funny to me.
Maybe other years. This year we play Notre Dame at the same location.

I'm trying to talk myself into the idea that it might not be bad to be at the Pinstripe this year because in future seasons that'll increase our chances at placement in warm weather bowl locations.

That said, I'm pretty into the idea of getting a ticket and catching a plane to any bowl we get this season... except for Pinstripe, because I'll be at the game next week.

Please no PinStripe or Sun Bowls

I will be at any others

People complaining about not having enough northeast games when we join the ACC and now want no part of the Pinstripe Bowl. I get the reasons why - just kinda funny to me.

What? Not having enough northeast games? What's that matter when talking about a bowl destination? With at least 9 wins, the PSB would be a bit of a slap in the face and a bowl spot solely related to geography. After the ND game there this week, it would be a laim destination. a destination reserved for 6-6, 7-5 teams.

i have pitt penciled in for pinstripe bowl
Pitt now looks like a Tier 1 bowl team. Pinstripe now has another Northern team to consider, I think this boosts our chances of Sun Bowl or Music City.

Peach vs Georgia in their backyard.. a truly love/hate scenario given would be a whole lotta red in the stands...

Extra bowl payout aside I’d rather play a B12 or Big10 team in Camping World or Pinstripe than UCF in the Peach. I want a P5 opponent in a bowl.
Syracuse splits the payout, so they’re all the same from our perspective.

The only difference is the allotment. The school is on the hook for those tickets. But they can actually make money if they sell them well. That’s what happened to us for the Pinstripe Bowls.

The conference also covers travel costs. I know there’s s ceiling, but I’m not sure if it’s a set amount or just costs up to the ceiling. If it’s just costs, then all of the bowls are cost-neutral, too.

Put another way, the Pinstripe might be our most profitable bowl scenario.

Pinestripe gives us an opportunity to visit family around the holidays but I still have memories of the Fine Mess Crew looking like snowmen in their seats!

Orlando would be fun.

We will be there wherever.

We have a shot to go 2-0 Wimbush with his 50% passing and 2 pics and BC is suddenly injured at key spots . I want the peach bowl or music city . Camping world will be empty
Pinstripe been there . Music city good football fan base , bars about 50 degree weather . Not bad at all

Peach bowl is definitely the goal and would be amazing.

Music City would be great but in my opinion, Camping World is the better pick for SU. Camping World Bowl is a higher tier bowl, so it carries more prestige. We'd also have about 2-3 times the fans in Orlando versus Nashville. Syracuse has a ton of transplants and alumni in Florida. Orlando would also be far cheaper travel/lodging costs than Nashville, so more fans will travel. As you know, our roster is also filled players that are Floridians, so it will be great chance for their family and friends to come in droves to see them. And finally, both these games are played on Friday, December 28th. The Music City bowl is played at 1:30 EST, and the Camping World bowl is played at 5:30 PM, so a much better time slot.

if we win out it will a ny 6 bowl game, we will be around 5-6-7 at worst in the CFP with the coach of the year and a top 10 scoring team..

Peach bowl is definitely the goal and would be amazing.

Music City would be great but in my opinion, Camping World is the better pick for SU. Camping World Bowl is a higher tier bowl, so it carries more prestige. We'd also have about 2-3 times the fans in Orlando versus Nashville. Syracuse has a ton of transplants and alumni in Florida. Orlando would also be far cheaper travel/lodging costs than Nashville, so more fans will travel. As you know, our roster is also filled players that are Floridians, so it will be great chance for their family and friends to come in droves to see them. And finally, both these games are played on Friday, December 28th. The Music City bowl is played at 1:30 EST, and the Camping World bowl is played at 5:30 PM, so a much better time slot.
^^^^^^^^This...you want Cuse fans to travel...they will travel to Orlando in much larger numbers than a Nashville or ElPaso destination. I also like Cuse playing and winning a bowl in the middle of Florida rich recruiting grounds. That could have immediate short term benefits!!

Pinstripes, although a tier one, it’s not a good match up for us. Most likely in bad weather against a big 10 teams.

Give me some sunshine baby!
Great points!

Pitt's ground game is perfect for the Pinstripe Bowl. I wonder if they would think of a PSU/Pitt rematch?
Rematches are not unheard of, but in the history of bowl games, there have only been 24 rematches of teams that played during the regular season.

penn state probably is selected before pinstripe maybe pitt vs wisconsin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom