Bowl Season 2018 | Syracusefan.com

Bowl Season 2018

corpjet

Board Prophet
has it been pretty dull and boring with no buzz or is it just me......maybe because we haven't been in one in years but the normal hype about this bowl or that bowl seems to be missing this year...now I think the playoffs will be fun to watch the rest of the bowls have been pretty lack luster!

It will get better, as the better games pickup, some good games going on now and later tonight.

The lower level games have been bad so far. Starting today and tomorrow the games will get better and I think we will see some good action.

TCU vs Stanford was pretty good last night and the 1st really good game we have seen so far

I was at the Washington State - Michigan State and the game was pretty poor. Of course WSU QB was ruled out before the game and their star WR dismissed after their last game of the season.

Couple tidbits that I thought I'd share:
- To beat a dead horse.. The dome needs more unified parking because the tailgate scene was great.
- Qualcomm is a dump. Chargers had to move or get a new stadium. At the very least you expect it to be clean but you would be sorely mistaken.
- Parachuters and fly overs (bombers out of AZ which was different) still get me giddy like a little kid.
- WSU Alumni provided flags for their sections which was a nice touch, albiet none were used appropriately.
- MSU Alumni provided glow in the dark sound sticks for their sections. Useless during the game but very cool at halftime when they shut the lights off for the the fireworks.
- Marching bands: WSU was great during the game. Cheerleaders were impressive. MSU was unbelievable during halftime. Lots of Tubas, solid flag pole team, and good baton ladies.
- Fireworks at halftime with a great high school band was spectacular.
- Brian Lewerke is a stud. MSU routinely finds great QBs (Cousins, Cook, Foles, Hoyer). Lewerke also got knocked out unnecessarily on a run in the 3rd and I had flashbacks to Dungey.
- The six individuals closest to me in my row were: 'Grew up in Utica', 'Grew up in Rochester', 'From Brooklyn', 'Graduated from SU', 'spent time in Syracuse during high school but went more to the Hill to party' and 'my family is from upstate'.
- Lastly, WSU chanted Cougs all game. As Randy Jackson says in the Geico commercial, not feeling it dog.

Last edited:
I've turned away from the idea of drafting RBs in the first round. But Barkley of Penn State is special. He's worth it.

What’s the record for bowl teams playing in their home stadium? Off the top of my head there’s Navy, Memphis and Miami this year.

Time for Syracuse to get one. The dozens of fans that attend will appreciate the beer sales and climate control. And there’s more than enough hotel space for a lower tier game these days.

Promote skiing, finger lakes wineries and armory square/Dino BBQ as things to do. Most people probably only come in for a day or two anyway.

All you really need these days is a stadium and someone to broadcast it.

What’s the record for bowl teams playing in their home stadium? Off the top of my head there’s Navy, Memphis and Miami this year.

Time for Syracuse to get one. The dozens of fans that attend will appreciate the beer sales and climate control. And there’s more than enough hotel space for a lower tier game these days.

Promote skiing, finger lakes wineries and armory square/Dino BBQ as things to do. Most people probably only come in for a day or two anyway.

All you really need these days is a stadium and someone to broadcast it.
If the city of Syracuse moved "Winterfest" up about 2 months to have some events within the city, they totally could host a bowl game in Syracuse. Could have Fuccillo or Dino BBQ as a sponsor, ESPN will cover any bowl game. Totally could make it work. Get the 7th ACC team vs the 8th Big10 team and people would come. Have an SU basketball home game a day or two before vs a decent team to give the out-of-towners something else to do for a few days and bingo you can make it work.

If the city of Syracuse moved "Winterfest" up about 2 months to have some events within the city, they totally could host a bowl game in Syracuse. Could have Fuccillo or Dino BBQ as a sponsor, ESPN will cover any bowl game. Totally could make it work. Get the 7th ACC team vs the 8th Big10 team and people would come. Have an SU basketball home game a day or two before vs a decent team to give the out-of-towners something else to do for a few days and bingo you can make it work.

If we (the board) can think of this why cant the State of New York, City of Syracuse, Onondoga County and their marketing geniuses do the same?

Love the idea of this and would certainly be a unique concept incorporating Winterfest.....SnowBrawl presented by Fuccilos......make it happen Empire State and the Salt City.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom