Bracket Matrix still has us as the last 2 seed | Syracusefan.com

Bracket Matrix still has us as the last 2 seed

Marsh01

Living Legend
Great site for those who havent discovered this yet. I use this religiously as it compiles all of the sites into one.

It also will give you a pretty good idea as to who we may be playing (looking at the 14-15 seeds).

I love this site.

Note: they havent updated it today (obviously if Duke is still 1 given they lost).

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

interesting that we held on to a 2 considering all the "3"s we received

I feel like as long as we are a top 4 seed in the east everything's good. There will be scary matchups in the 2nd and 3rd rds no matter how high you are seeded. It seems like that big a crap shoot this year.

Need to keep the 2 as the bar seems to go up quite a bit with the 3 seed opponents (14 seeds - Valpo, Davidson, Harvard, SB)

This site really makes it easy to follow possible opponents as opposed to just looking at lunardi or palms projections. They are both included in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like as long as we are a top 4 seed in the east everything's good. There will be scary matchups in the 2nd and 3rd rds no matter how high you are seeded. It seems like that big a crap shoot this year.
Would you rather be a 2 in Philly or a 1 in LA ? (could happen if Arizona and Gonzaga don't get a 1)

It is a superb site indeed. I used to contribute a bracket for a few years (makin it less superb ..)

It really does allow for a quick view of h bubble picture as well.

Only quirk from time to time is the use of brackets for one week. Contributors that update only once a week can skew it sometimes. It is best to look at last 20 or so submitted brackets sometimes. For example - more people now have Florida over Mich, but old brackets keep Mich just ahead in matrix rankin.

Would you rather be a 2 in Philly or a 1 in LA ? (could happen if Arizona and Gonzaga don't get a 1)

1 in the west. Always the easiest bracket. But that wasn't your real question.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Also - some current 16. and most 15.14 seeds tend to drift a line up on selection week (if they actually make it), as conference champions fall resultin in a few weaker tourney teams.

I would prefer to be 1 in LA. Sweet 16 is always our difficult round, and 4/5 seeded teams seem sketchy this year.

we could theoretically get both as philly is a 2nd 3rd round site that could move into the west regional. i think what you meant is a 2 seed inj washington dc or 1 out west.I realistically dont think we have a chance at the last 1 seed unless we win bigeast regular saeason and conference tournament. right now most have us as either the last 2 or 1st 3 seed in projections.

How the hell is Michigan considered a 1 seed? They beat Pitt, Arkansas, K-State in the non-conference.
Their resume is SO OVERRATED look at their B1G wins. 9-4 in conference
Northwestern x2, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Ohio State. Penn State
How many of those wins are against NCAA teams? 2 or 3 depending on how you feel of Illinois, @Minnesota and Ohio State are there only quality wins yet they are a 1/2 seed and Syracuse is a 2/3 seed.

How the hell is Michigan considered a 1 seed? They beat Pitt, Arkansas, K-State in the non-conference.
Their resume is SO OVERRATED look at their B1G wins. 9-4 in conference
Northwestern x2, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Ohio State. Penn State
How many of those wins are against NCAA teams? 2 or 3 depending on how you feel of Illinois, @Minnesota and Ohio State are there only quality wins yet they are a 1/2 seed and Syracuse is a 2/3 seed.

Keep in mind this isnt updated. Wait until tomorrow when it comes out.

After the first game it all comes down to match-ups. I think out biggest exposure this year is going up against a dominant big man or a 4 or 5 man that can shoot and pass from the foul line. Tends to wreak havoc on the zone. I wouldnt worry too much about the second game as the 6/7 seed we would likely play in the second round would only have one day to prepare against the zone. It's that third game that we need to hope for a favorable match-up.

One fear I have is getting a B10 team early on. There will probably be 7 of them in. Getting Illinois or Minnesota in round 2 would be bad.

One fear I have is getting a B10 team early on. There will probably be 7 of them in. Getting Illinois or Minnesota in round 2 would be bad.
I only fear 3 B1G teams, Indiana, Michigan State, and Wisconsin the rest of the conference doesn't scare me.

I only fear 3 B1G teams, Indiana, Michigan State, and Wisconsin the rest of the conference doesn't scare me.

Agreed that those are probably the toughest teams. Middle of BIG 10 is WAY better than the Big East. I still would want to avoid those guys in a Round 2.

I wouldnt mind seeing Minny. Illinois I want no part of in a round 2 game.

I wouldnt mind seeing Minny. Illinois I want no part of in a round 2 game.

I'm just afraid that Mbakwe's motor inside would own our 5's. Definitely no Illinois!

If we win our share I think we end up a 3 seed unless we win at Marquette and/or G'town. We have 4 Top 20 games left ... need at least 2 of them and we stay 3 or higher. It also avoids the #1 seed in Round 3 with five days for a coach to prepare for the zone. If we stay a 3 seed I don't think that Minny or Illinois can reach up to a 6 seed without a monster run because they will both have 10 or more losses come Selection Sunday. Minny is projected as a 6 on the Bracket Matrix but many of the inputs havn't been updated yet and Minny lost by 20 to Iowa yesterday.

My other fear is catching someone who knows us in the second round like Cincy. Didn't work well for us two years ago when we caoght Marquette in Round 2.

If we win our share I think we end up a 3 seed unless we win at Marquette and/or G'town. We have 4 Top 20 games left ... need at least 2 of them and we stay 3 or higher. It also avoids the #1 seed in Round 3 with five days for a coach to prepare for the zone. If we stay a 3 seed I don't think that Minny or Illinois can reach up to a 6 seed without a monster run because they will both have 10 or more losses come Selection Sunday. Minny is projected as a 6 on the Bracket Matrix but many of the inputs havn't been updated yet and Minny lost by 20 to Iowa yesterday.

My other fear is catching someone who knows us in the second round like Cincy. Didn't work well for us two years ago when we caoght Marquette in Round 2.

I don't think the Big East will get more than 8 teams in the tournament this year, so we do not need to worry about facing a Big East team again until the regional final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom