Bracket Matrix still has us as the last 2 seed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bracket Matrix still has us as the last 2 seed

I don't think the Big East will get more than 8 teams in the tournament this year, so we do not need to worry about facing a Big East team again until the regional final.
Good point. I forgot that was the big year for BE teams.

Good point. I forgot that was the big year for BE teams.

But that still irks me. With 8 teams or less, the rule is not until the final 8. With 11 teams they should have managed it so it could not be until the final 16 -- I know the committee rules state that if its 9 or more they can match up as early as the round of 32... but it could have easily been avoided.

But that still irks me. With 8 teams or less, the rule is not until the final 8. With 11 teams they should have managed it so it could not be until the final 16 -- I know the committee rules state that if its 9 or more they can match up as early as the round of 32... but it could have easily been avoided.

We got railroaded that year and I swore VERY loudly when I saw the marquette come on the TV screen opposite us.

We got railroaded that year and I swore VERY loudly when I saw the marquette come on the TV screen opposite us.
I think I heard you! I did the same damn thing and knew what was going to happen. Terrible match-up.

Playing a Big East team in the 2nd round wasn't a terrible idea by the committee but the fact they put a 3 seed with an 11 seed that had already beaten them that year made no sense. Give the higher seed a bit of an advantage, I thought that was the whole point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom