Bracketmatrix still has us as the 2nd 11 seed | Syracusefan.com

Bracketmatrix still has us as the 2nd 11 seed

I think people get too caught up in our game to game results and underestimate just how mediocre a lot of these bubble teams are.
ya think? ;)

Game by game? I'm freaking out about missing the ncaat or have us making another final four run tv commercial to TV Comercial!

I think people get too caught up in our game to game results and underestimate just how mediocre a lot of these bubble teams are. We are still in a good position

indeed. I think 2-2 gets us in, especially if Duke or Ville(doubt it) is one of the two. 1-3? better beat a solid team in the ACC tourney. Playing in Brooklyn doesn't guarantee any wins, but it does guarantee that we will have the most fans, can't say that the first two times we have been in the ACC tourney, and that can't hurt.

Which I believe was exactly where we were prior to the Pitt game. About 75% of brackets have updated since after the Louisville game.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2017

I think you counted the feb 13 brackets as well, which would have been before the game.

There are only 36 fresh brackets from yesterday, which is still quite a few. 24 still see us as in. I haven't done the totals of only the 36 yet, but i suspect 24 of 36 would be last 4 in group.

The bubble was really bad last weekend, so we did not get knocked out of the spot by all anyway. We were tracking at over 85% though late last week

Last year (a big thanks to jncuse and a few others), we saw first hand how what is happening around us is just as important as what we do when it comes to the bubble picture. That said, making projections on what we need to get in the tourney is a futile exercise if done in a vacuum, as many are doing.

Which I believe was exactly where we were prior to the Pitt game. About 75% of brackets have updated since after the Louisville game.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2017

We have good wins. As long as we don't lose games badly, especially to Georgia Tech, we will be OK. We need two more wins though. Two from Georgia Tech. Or one each from GTech and Duke/Louisville.

Again, we need two more wins and the losses cannot be ugly.

We have good wins. As long as we don't lose games badly, especially to Georgia Tech. We will be OK. We need two more wins though. Two from GTech. Or one each from GTech and Duke/Louisville. Again, we need two more wins and the losses cannot be ugly.

If we go 2-2 and then lose in the first round of the ACCT, I think it's 40/60 that we get in, at best.

If we go 2-2 and then lose in the first round of the ACCT, I think it's 40/60 that we get in, at best.

In that case, probably 10% or 20%. We need at least one win in ACCT.

I think you counted the feb 13 brackets as well, which would have been before the game.

There are only 36 fresh brackets from yesterday, which is still quite a few. 24 still see us as in. I haven't done the totals of only the 36 yet, but i suspect 24 of 36 would be last 4 in group.

The bubble was really bad last weekend, so we did not get knocked out of the spot by all anyway. We were tracking at over 85% though late last week

Looks like about 20-25 new brackets updated on 2/15, and we're still in that second 11 seed spot.

What if one of the two is Duke or at Louisville?

my gut feeling would be that if the two wins are GT x2 then we'd need at least one more in ACCT - if the two wins are Lvlle/Duke + GT then we'd *probably* be good to go... again though, so much depends on the other bubble teams and conf tourney bid stealers

I still think it's a coin flip in that scenario. We would be in big trouble if any Cinderella teams went on conference tourney runs.

It's honestly insane we are still considered in, given we have 2 good wins, 2 total road wins, and 0 out of conference wins that mean anything.

4 wins against the field according to bracket matrix. Either way we have to win games. Not sure what bracket matrix does for anyone with a minimum of 5 games out. It's not really reflective of how things will look at the end of the year. At this point we could play our way completely out of the picture or be a 6 or 7 seed if we suddenly went on a winning streak.

Three letters, A.C.C. The bias we used to complain about we are now the beneficiary of.
nah it's simply a matter of needing 34 at-large teams to fill out the bracket and several of those teams, due to parity or whatever you want to call it, have ugly resumes.
Again, people here seem to forget our horrible resume is regarded relative to the other horrible resumes.

nah it's simply a matter of needing 34 at-large teams to fill out the bracket and several of those teams, due to parity or whatever you want to call it, have ugly resumes.
Again, people here seem to forget our horrible resume is regarded relative to the other horrible resumes.
We no doubt have a horrible resume. My point is that a horrible resume of an ACC school will more than likely get the nod over the horrible resume of another school.

We no doubt have a horrible resume. My point is that a horrible resume of an ACC school will more than likely get the nod over the horrible resume of another school.
could be, who knows what kind of conference politicking goes on behind closed doors... but really it's more basic than that - simply go in and look at the nitty gritty of those teams we're competing with - Michigan, GA Tech, Indiana, Providence, etc - it's just a matter of who you've played where and who you've beaten where - if you pay attention at all throughout the season you can see how favorably ours compares to theirs

This was published in a USA Today article on Clemson...is this completely true?

1.) Because the NCAA tournament selection committee doesn't examine league rankings in determining at-large bids.

This was published in a USA Today article on Clemson...is this completely true?

1.) Because the NCAA tournament selection committee doesn't examine league rankings in determining at-large bids.
they claim they don't (highly doubtful, really) - but they most certainly consider in-conference records

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom