Bracketology: Men's Division I, Third Look (IL) | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology: Men's Division I, Third Look (IL)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
25191.jpg

For the first time ever, the NCAA Selection Committee has offered a top 10 ranking in advance of Selection Sunday.

Once again, Jim Siedliski, Associate Commissioner for the American Athletic Conference and the chair for the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship Committee over the last three years who has since rotated off the committee, sent IL his bracket thoughts and projection.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/bracketology-men-s-division-i-third-look/31803/1

No. 3 SU gets No. 9 Albany in the first round?

The NCAA needs to get over the regional matchups.

25191.jpg

For the first time ever, the NCAA Selection Committee has offered a top 10 ranking in advance of Selection Sunday.

Once again, Jim Siedliski, Associate Commissioner for the American Athletic Conference and the chair for the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship Committee over the last three years who has since rotated off the committee, sent IL his bracket thoughts and projection.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/bracketology-men-s-division-i-third-look/31803/1
Ugh - no more Albany

No. 3 SU gets No. 9 Albany in the first round?

The NCAA needs to get over the regional matchups.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. This regional minimal travel for 1st round matchups has to go this isn't 1992. Syracuse needs to either win the Acc tourney or have Albany win the American east comfortably so they can get that last ranked seed

There is so much more quality lacrosse left to play. The Ivy League is a log jam with several teams and the AQ and other entries to the NCAA really up for grabs. Army and Colgate could play a real spoiler role in the final weeks of the season. It is going to be a fun May!

If we get Albany first round as the 3 seed the NCAA selection committee really dropped the ball. I get we need the 8 seed to be clearly defined, but if the committee decides both Cornell and Albany are at-larges and not top 8 teams and one of them has to play @ Syracuse they should give us the lower seeded of the two teams which is clearly right now Cornell.

If we get Albany first round as the 3 seed the NCAA selection committee really dropped the ball. I get we need the 8 seed to be clearly defined, but if the committee decides both Cornell and Albany are at-larges and not top 8 teams and one of them has to play @ Syracuse they should give us the lower seeded of the two teams which is clearly right now Cornell.

The issue isnt really the seeding its the stupid travel rules they have in place for the first round. If Albany comes out as the first team outside of the top 8 seeded then they should play the 8 seed, having them play the #3 seed is idiotic.

The issue isnt really the seeding its the stupid travel rules they have in place for the first round. If Albany comes out as the first team outside of the top 8 seeded then they should play the 8 seed, having them play the #3 seed is idiotic.
I agree and understand that. I think it should be as close to 1 vs. 16/17, 2 vs. 15/18, 3 vs.14 etc. and understand the travel crap the NCAA uses to make it first round pairings. My point is that if Albany and Cornell are not top 8 teams and due to the travel rule one of them has to play at Syracuse we should get the lower ranked team of the two which is Cornell since both are bus rides away and Albany would actually be closer to Maryland than Cornell would be.

Albany to College Park ... 358 miles
Ithaca to College Park ... 323 miles

Albany to Syracuse ... 145
Ithaca to Syracuse ... 54

Plan A: Albany at Syracuse and Cornell at Maryland
145 + 323 = 468 total miles

Plan B: Cornell at Syracuse and Albany at Maryland
54 + 358 = 412 total miles

Looking at the resumes more depth so basically because Cornell has 1 bad loss it negates the fact Cornell beat Yale on Yale's home field and that Albany also beat Yale.

My point is that unless Yale wins the Ivy auto-bid I doubt they hold onto the 8th seed and that Albany winning the autobid would likely put them 8th unless Cornell won out and it would be extremely close.
If we are the 3rd or 4th seed we are getting one of Albany, Cornell, Yale, or Brown.

Cornell may well be not playing well enough to get into the tourney now.. the biggest issue is shooting woes.. goalies making 20+ saves every week cant all be hot goalie issues they have be somewhat related to shooting. they are winning all the other catagories but not putting the ball in the net at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom