Bracketology, Selection Sunday Edition: Bubble Choices (LaxMag) | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology, Selection Sunday Edition: Bubble Choices (LaxMag)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
BracketMDI-1-may3.jpg

A few notes...

This is not a perfect 1-18 seeded bracket, nor likely will the NCAA bracket. The committee attempts to maintain "bracket integrity" but also takes into account limiting flights (required over 400 miles by the NCAA) for play-in games and first and quarterfinal rounds. Only the top eight are seeded.

Princeton was seeded higher in the Ivy League tournament and thus is considered the projected AQ winner of today's final against Yale, which was the four seed.

http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_...acrosse_bracketology_selection_sunday_edition

I guess Lax Mag is assuming the committee will be going to their higher-ups to ask for permission to relax the travel rules. The bracket above contains 3 flights.

I guess Lax Mag is assuming the committee will be going to their higher-ups to ask for permission to relax the travel rules. The bracket above contains 3 flights.

It may be unavoidable.

Someone has to fly to Denver and South Bend, and Chapel Hill and Durham are too far away to accommodate everyone. It's over 450 miles from Princeton to NC, and over 450 miles from Columbus to NC.

Unless they have UNC get the play in winner, and Ohio State play at Notre Dame.

It may be unavoidable.

Someone has to fly to Denver and South Bend, and Chapel Hill and Durham are too far away to accommodate everyone.

Unless they have UNC get the play in winner, and Ohio State play at Notre Dame.
I agree about it being unavoidable. I actually had thought of your last sentence, but that wouldn't have been fair to the 1 and 2 seeds.

Someday, we may actually have a real 1-18 bracket. One can dream, right?

I agree about it being unavoidable. I actually had thought of your last sentence, but that wouldn't have been fair to the 1 and 2 seeds.

Someday, we may actually have a real 1-18 bracket. One can dream, right?

With all the money the NCAA makes, they can open up the checkbook for travel arrangements in May. They have no problem flying basketball teams all over the country in March. :noidea:

Lopsided city with bracket. Cuse Duke Albany Denver all on the same side

I would hope the committee would not make an in/out decision based on whether or not the bracket required 3 flights.
There will be 3 flights the second weekend, as Denver is hosting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom