Brad Stevens | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brad Stevens

Better question, what recruit has JB gotten lately that we thought would be a sure thing in the NBA that has totally flamed out?

Undersized and oft-injured (in the NBA) Flynn?
One and done Greene?
Soft as butter Kris Joseph?
Still a huge project Fab?
Devendorf?
Rick Jackson?

I think the type of players JB recruits (long, athletic, can run the floor) are finally being utilized more in the NBA more than they were 10 years ago, so now I'll think we'll start to see more 'Cuse players succeeding in the league. Michigan State (besides Randolph) doesn't have much in the league either, neither does Louisville; but hey, Rick freakin Barnes has put in Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Alrdige, Tristan Thompson, DJ Augstin, , and Daniel Gibson in the NBA.

Ultimately it's up to the player himself to get to the league, he has to put in the work to get there, it's not up to JB, or Coach K, or Roy Williams to do it.

It really isn't a mystery. Quinn had two valuable NBA skills for an NBA backup - he could play point guard and he could shoot. GMac was serviceable at both at the collegiate level, but not even in the neighborhood for the next level. Not in the NBA, not in Lithuania, not in Greece.

also by all accounts gmac didnt have the greatest work ethic. to make the nba you gotta live in the gym, especially if youre a small white dude. im sure gmac could have had a nice overseas career for himself if he was truly dedicated and committed to it, but since he never really improved his game from his first game at cuse to his last maybe he always knew coaching was what he was gonna do.

Anyone who has watched one NBA game would see that Harris wasn't an NBA player.

The Jazz seemed to like him over Wesley Matthews. Harris was going to get a real shot; then he got hurt.

The Jazz seemed to like him over Wesley Matthews. Harris was going to get a real shot; then he got hurt.
Otto my friend, there are a million stories like that. A guy with no real skills at that size doesn't stick in the NBA.

Otto my friend, there are a million stories like that. A guy with no real skills at that size doesn't stick in the NBA.

It would have been an uphill battle, I'm sure. We'll never know.

He's right though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It really isn't a mystery. Quinn had two valuable NBA skills for an NBA backup - he could play point guard and he could shoot. GMac was serviceable at both at the collegiate level, but not even in the neighborhood for the next level. Not in the NBA, not in Lithuania, not in Greece.

I think you are over rating Greek BBall.

Not all and it's not close

I wrote good coaches, not winning coaches. If you, me and 3 other guys on this site are on a team and our coach has us doing everything right and we are playing to the best of our abilities...that's all a coach can do. We still couldn't come close to beating a college team.