Brad Stevens | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brad Stevens

You knew they were going to get a little dinged up in league play this year. The A-10 is a big step up from the Horizon/Summit whatever league they used to be in.

2 of their losses are to Saint Louis. While not ranked at the time, they are an extremely good team, and legitimate final four team.
1 loss was to VCU, another very good which NEVER gets big name teams in their building, and had a 2 year grudge they were holding. Nobody was beating VCU today. Nobody.
1 loss was to Illinois, who has a few scalps to their name as well (@Gonzaga, Indiana, OSU, @ Minn)

The other 3 losses are more perplexing, but 2 were final possession games without their best player (Clark vs. LaSalle) and 2nd best scorer (Smith vs. Charlotte), and the latter was a road game at Xavier, which is never easy.

LaSalle is legit this year as well. I hope they make the tourney because Ramon Galloway is the real deal. He'd likely be the best guard on our team this year.

2 of their losses are to Saint Louis. While not ranked at the time, they are an extremely good team, and legitimate final four team.
1 loss was to VCU, another very good which NEVER gets big name teams in their building, and had a 2 year grudge they were holding. Nobody was beating VCU today. Nobody.
1 loss was to Illinois, who has a few scalps to their name as well (@Gonzaga, Indiana, OSU, @ Minn)

The other 3 losses are more perplexing, but 2 were final possession games without their best player (Clark vs. LaSalle) and 2nd best scorer (Smith vs. Charlotte), and the latter was a road game at Xavier, which is never easy.
Wow.
Just think if you worked even half that hard at rationalizing SU's losses.

I will take JB over Stevens but I will take Stevens over Hopkins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom