Braden Bayer -- break emergency glass | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Braden Bayer -- break emergency glass

Situationally, I wonder what Boeheim's more comfortable with: Battle at the 3 and Bayer at the 2, or Sidibe playing a wing and Battle remaining at guard? I would think that Sidibe isn't healthy enough to run around at forward, but stranger things have happened.

Sid at the 4 is the only other option. But I think he’d go with Bayer first. We need Moyer back ASAP.

Yeah I don't think he's going to play unless things get really desperate.

Agreed, and it's not like you would be asking him to do much, not like Washington has been Vinny Johnson off the bench.. Just go in there and fill a gap for a few minutes

Yup.

Unless Howard, Battle, Dolezaj and Brissett all play 40, which could happen, Bayer gets the minutes. He could be more likely to play than Washington was in any particular game simply because of the Moyer factor. Dolezaj foul trouble is the thing I worry about. Having to go small versus GTs inside game isn’t something I desire.

Sid at the 4 is the only other option. But I think he’d go with Bayer first. We need Moyer back ASAP.

Unless its a high ankle sprain you have to think he would be back soon maybe as soon as Saturday. The fact he traveled with the team for Pitt and I believe he is for tonights game as well is a good sign I think. Hopefully he is close.

Situationally, I wonder what Boeheim's more comfortable with: Battle at the 3 and Bayer at the 2, or Sidibe playing a wing and Battle remaining at guard? I would think that Sidibe isn't healthy enough to run around at forward, but stranger things have happened.

ha thats a really good point. would be an amazing to see Sidibe and Chukwu together.

Unless Howard, Battle, Dolezaj and Brissett all play 40, which could happen, Bayer gets the minutes. He could be more likely to play than Washington was in any particular game simply because of the Moyer factor. Dolezaj foul trouble is the thing I worry about. Having to go small versus GTs inside game isn’t something I desire.
3 of those 4 guys will play 40 minutes. Battle and OB played 40 minutes vs BC and Howard played 38. That probably happens the rest of the way.

Unless its a high ankle sprain you have to think he would be back soon maybe as soon as Saturday. The fact he traveled with the team for Pitt and I believe he is for tonights game as well is a good sign I think. Hopefully he is close.
If he plays, he won't be close to 100%, unfortunately.

3 of those 4 guys will play 40 minutes. Battle and OB played 40 minutes vs BC and Howard played 38. That probably happens the rest of the way.

Probably. But there will be games where players get in foul trouble and have to sit. Heaven forbid that we sustain another injury.

Foul trouble is what concerns me more than the stamina component -- especially playing a team like we're facing tonight, that attacks the offensive glass hard. On the road, they're apt to get every call. Guys can't play 40 if they're in foul trouble. Then what?

Probably. But there will be games where players get in foul trouble and have to sit. Heaven forbid that we sustain another injury.

Foul trouble is what concerns me more than the stamina component -- especially playing a team like we're facing tonight, that attacks the offensive glass hard. On the road, they're apt to get every call. Guys can't play 40 if they're in foul trouble. Then what?
I agree. We could really use MM in this game. I think there is a good chance Marek gets into foul trouble tonight. Which would mean OB and Tyus at the wings and FH and Bayer up top.

Well I just looked him up on our website. And there's good news - he looks exactly like every walk on that comes into the Dome and scores 16 against us after averaging 1.0 PPG for their career.

I would be shocked if Bayer sees the court for any reasons other than injury or massive foul trouble for the starting backcourt.

OR either of the Forwards.
PC and Dib can sub for each other, but if OSB or Marek get in foul trouble or dinged, then either Tyus or Frank is sliding down to the 3, and they bring in Bayer, since I doubt he can play the 3.

I probably overexaggerated but Louisville always seemed to have an unknown scorch us. I remember the last game ever at Freedom Hall when that kid knocked down 3 after 3, he was a walkon and then one year they had that Cornell transfer who played little otherwise and did something similar. These are just off the top of my head, I could be wrong.

That was Kyle Kuric. A season long bench player but not a walk-on. Turned into a very good college player.

I agree. We could really use MM in this game. I think there is a good chance Marek gets into foul trouble tonight. Which would mean OB and Tyus at the wings and FH and Bayer up top.

MM would be a good addition to any team.

220px-Monroecirca1953.jpg

Others have probably said this elsewhere but one thing frank and Tyus will have to do is be more restrained defensively. They are #1 and #3 in steals in the ACC but I don’t see them taking as many chances now. Need to avoid the cheap reach in fouls.