Bradley to Toronto football club | Syracusefan.com

Bradley to Toronto football club

I like seeing MLS grow but not sure how I feel about guys like Deuce and Bradley coming back from big European leagues. I know Deuce is back on loan, but...

I want our guys to be competing against the best. That's how we get better. That won't happen in MLS.

Biggest debate in American soccer I saw a stat that over last few world cups we have 13 total goals and 10 scored by mls players in the league at the time. Honestly seria a is good and all but mls is not so far off​

Biggest debate in American soccer I saw a stat that over last few world cups we have 13 total goals and 10 scored by mls players in the league at the time. Honestly seria a is good and all but mls is not so far off​
That's a little skewed by Landon Donovan, though. He's the exception. You can't tell me Deuce didn't become a better player when he moved to EPL from the Revolution, or that Howard isn't helped by playing in EPL, or that Cameron isn't getting better by leaps and bounds playing overseas.

jekelish said:
That's a little skewed by Landon Donovan, though. He's the exception. You can't tell me Deuce didn't become a better player when he moved to EPL from the Revolution, or that Howard isn't helped by playing in EPL, or that Cameron isn't getting better by leaps and bounds playing overseas.
agree playing in Europe will accelerate your develop but you have to play. I'd rather have Bradley at tfc than going to psv in holland or something which was a strong rumor. If he went to an Aston villa type EPl team better move if not then come back to mls. The quality of this league only gets better by adding players of his caliber.

Bradley spent I think 8 seasons in Europe. Played in Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and an ill-fated loan to Aston Villa. He's earned the right to come back home and dominate MLS. I'm not worried about it.

IMO the US needs a strong domestic league to become a soccer power. The US stars see the money is much better in MLS now and the young guys see if you grind in Europe, you can come home and get paid as well.

We're witnessing the rise of MLS. Just got a $100 mil expansion fee for NYCFC and their new media rights deal with FOX/ESPN is going from around $35/year to $70 mil a year. The investment is in. Time to put that money into soccer specific stadiums, marketing, and player development.

Get on the train because MLS will only get stronger.

And Jermain Defoe! Whoooooop!!! In other news Ukraine vs USA in a friendly March 5 go ukies!

CanadianSU said:
And Jermain Defoe! Whoooooop!!! In other news Ukraine vs USA in a friendly March 5 go ukies!
love your passion for Cuse football I'm in same boat I'm a football town kind of guy, but usmnt is near and dear we will crush them Ukrainians

love your passion for Cuse football I'm in same boat I'm a football town kind of guy, but usmnt is near and dear we will crush them Ukrainians
No way Lad! We are ranked 18 and are a super young team! And in Ukraine! Good luck mate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom