Brady in the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Brady in the Dome

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Just stumbled on this and thought you all may find it interesting. As a Pats fan, admittedly, maybe not as much as I did.

I had graduated in May of 1999 but we came up for this game in 1999.

Brady looked downright human for most of that game. And damn, I miss when our defense had players like this.

Last edited:
Just stumbled on this and thought you all may find it interesting. As a Pats fan, admittedly, maybe not as much as I did

Brady looked downright human for most of that game. And damn, I miss when our defense had players like this.

lloyd carr was a moron. both henson and brady where better once they were just handed the keys

i still can't believe i saw a game where both coaches were rotating qbs like that

lloyd carr was a moron. both henson and brady where better once they were just handed the keys

i still can't believe i saw a game where both coaches were rotating qbs like that

Absolutely.

Anytime I can watch Brady get smushed is a good day, he must not have got a hold of the ball boy prior to deflate the balls. lol

His fascination with Nunes always will be a mystery to me...

I thought P was a Williams guy and D was the Nunes supporter. I remember when D was asked about Williams he grunted "functional". I was hoping this split would break the twins apart.

Maddei hits a big pass then throws for a touchdown and Nunes came in. Still makes no sense

And we were up in the stands convincing ourselves "OK, he just threw the touchdown pass, no way he's gonna stick to the script and send Nunes back out there." But then he did.

I'll never understand it. Part of me -- and I'm a big Pasqualoni fan -- thinks that it's easier to announce this 2:1 script and then stick to it, regardless of gut, because then there's always the option of falling back on "Hey, we said before the game that Nunes will get 2 series, Madei will get one, and then it's back to 2 for Nunes" if things go wrong; it kind of absolves bad in-game decision making by being a stickler for the pre-game strategy.

There are about a half dozen SU home games in the 90s that I still have nightmares about, and that is one of them. Off the top of my head...

1994 Oklahoma
1995 East Carolina
1996 Miami
1997 NC State
1998 Tennessee
1999 Michigan

Each of those games were just soul-crushing.

There are about a half dozen SU home games in the 90s that I still have nightmares about, and that is one of them. Off the top of my head...

1994 Oklahoma
1995 East Carolina
1996 Miami
1997 NC State
1998 Tennessee
1999 Michigan

Those of us who want an easier schedule are just trying to save your soul! You should thank us.

1994 Oklahoma
1995 East Carolina
1996 Miami
1997 NC State
1998 Tennessee
1999 Michigan

Don't forget about the nine-million-fumble performance at Minnesota in 1996. Or the gag job at Oklahoma the next year.

Don't forget about the nine-million-fumble performance at Minnesota in 1996. Or the gag job at Oklahoma the next year.

I was just listing home games, but those were certainly awful as well. I was at the 96 game in the Metrodome.

Just stumbled on this and thought you all may find it interesting. As a Pats fan, admittedly, maybe not as much as I did.

Yes, we had talent on D but they played against meathead power I offenses that ran basic pro sets and snapped the ball every 35 seconds. It was a different game back then. Yes, even 20 years ago. Today's offenses that utilize the entire field require a different kind of talent on D. When you watch these games from even the 90s , its astounding.

Gary Danielson had a great point a few months ago in discussing concussions and the game 20-30 years ago vs the last 5-7 years. He noted the vast space in which the game is played and the distance that defenders cover to make a play and by time they get to the ball, they at full speed and well, from there the physics are scary. Today DEs have LB speed, LBs DB speed.

I have long thought that butkus, Harry Carson, and some of the downhill LBs of previous decades couldnt play LB these days.

His fascination with Nunes always will be a mystery to me...

I remember his recruitment fairly well, its no mystery to me. I wouldn't say P had a fascination with him. The word obligation is probably more accurate.

I was just listing home games, but those were certainly awful as well. I was at the 96 game in the Metrodome.

Didn’t we play Minnesota once and Marion Barber just destroyed us and was a man amongst boys?

I remember his recruitment fairly well, its no mystery to me. I wouldn't say P had a fascination with him. The word obligation is probably more accurate.
Do tell

1994 Oklahoma
1995 East Carolina
1996 Miami
1997 NC State
1998 Tennessee
1999 Michigan

Just think, these are the glory days we're talking about. Really thinking back on them brings back moments that were, how did you put it??? Soul-crushing?!! Why do we do this to ourselves? When people ask me what football team I follow and I say Syracuse, I'm usually met with the look of absolute consternation. I often feel compelled to add, "I'm a Syracuse fan, but sometimes I wish I wasn't."

If only Eric Dungey could have been the QB for that 1999 SU team.

1994 Oklahoma
1995 East Carolina
1996 Miami
1997 NC State
1998 Tennessee
1999 Michigan

Yup. I can narrow it to Oklahoma, Tennessee, and NC State as the 3 toughest for me. I’m really not sure what’s the worst. NC State was the weakest team and a game we should’ve been in control of. Oklahoma we had the great comeback. Tennessee ended up national champs. That celebration penalty against Oklahoma was ridiculous. The PI against Tenn was tough, and the equipment violations were crazy.

Tough, tough losses.

Thank You! Love that you can hear how loud the dome can get, in these old games. Hopeful, that these meanigful games are coming back.

Yup. I can narrow it to Oklahoma, Tennessee, and NC State as the 3 toughest for me. I’m really not sure what’s the worst. NC State was the weakest team and a game we should’ve been in control of. Oklahoma we had the great comeback. Tennessee ended up national champs. That celebration penalty against Oklahoma was ridiculous. The PI against Tenn was tough, and the equipment violations were crazy.

Tough, tough losses.

NC State was the hardest for me -- I thought I was going to throw up afterwards. Because we went into that game legitimately thinking we were national title good after destroying Wisconsin, and got out to a very fast lead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom