Brady in the Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brady in the Dome

Just think, these are the glory days we're talking about. Really thinking back on them brings back moments that were, how did you put it??? Soul-crushing?!! Why do we do this to ourselves? When people ask me what football team I follow and I say Syracuse, I'm usually met with the look of absolute consternation. I often feel compelled to add, "I'm a Syracuse fan, but sometimes I wish I wasn't."

Revisionist history aside, this is why so many, including myself, had grown tired of P. I always felt that every season he managed to take one game we should have won and piss it down the drain, usually early in the season when we had a chance to do something special. Then the team would regroup and their talent would shine through and we'd manage to steamroll the rest of the way. It was just maddening.

Revisionist history aside, this is why so many, including myself, had grown tired of P. I always felt that every season he managed to take one game we should have won and piss it down the drain, usually early in the season when we had a chance to do something special. Then the team would regroup and their talent would shine through and we'd manage to steamroll the rest of the way. It was just maddening.

Yeah. The Oklahoma loss in ‘97 was gut wrenching too.

It was very frustrating that we never broke through with an 11-1 season or something in the McNabb era despite feeling like we were right on the verge of doing so every year, especially from 96-98.

the offensive stinkers got to me back then

17 games at 7 or fewer points between 93 and 2004 (12 seasons)

pasqualoni had 17 in 14 years

gerg had 8 in four years

marrone had 4 in four years

shafer had 6 in three years

babers with 1 in two years.

way too many stinkers on offense

the offensive stinkers got to me back then

17 games at 7 or fewer points between 93 and 2004 (12 seasons)

pasqualoni had 17 in 14 years

gerg had 8 in four years

marrone had 4 in four years

shafer had 6 in three years

babers with 1 in two years.

way too many stinkers on offense

We leaned on the D waaaaaay too much.

I remember two things about that game.

1) It was the firs time I posted my "Why they will Win...Why We Will Win pre-game posts. CTO spotted the first one before I posted the second one and reacted like a boiling tea kettle.

2) Troy Nunes "Jubilation T. Cornpone" retreat into the end zone for the safety that meant it was 13-18 at the end of the game instead of 13-16. We drove to withing the 10 yard line at least but had to go for the TD rather than tying it up with a field goal and a fourth down play failed. The "Magician" had turned a potential victory into a defeat.

Madei Williams would have won that game if Pasqualoni hadn't stuck to that crazy 2:1 plan with Nunes getting the majority of the snaps.
I always wonder what would have happened if Madei Williams was given the full-time starting job from day 1 in 1999.

Michigan ran the most painfully boring offense in football history when Brady was their quarterback. The type of offense you run when you're trying desperately to hide the throwing deficiencies of the quarterback. Despite having had the greatest quarterback ever at their disposal. Unbelievable.

What I love most about these videos are the vastly superior sound quality they have. Not the artificial sound of today. You can feel the crowd as if you're there. The PBP announcer has to scream to be heard. We discussed this not long ago. I miss that more than anything.

I always wonder what would have happened if Madei Williams was given the full-time starting job from day 1 in 1999.

Michigan ran the most painfully boring offense in football history when Brady was their quarterback. The type of offense you run when you're trying desperately to hide the throwing deficiencies of the quarterback. Despite having had the greatest quarterback ever at their disposal. Unbelievable.

What I love most about these videos are the vastly superior sound quality they have. Not the artificial sound of today. You can feel the crowd as if you're there. The PBP announcer has to scream to be heard. We discussed this not long ago. I miss that more than anything.

Didn't Madie hurt his thumb/hand pre-season and it opened up the competition a bit? Am I remembering that correctly?

Just stumbled on this and thought you all may find it interesting. As a Pats fan, admittedly, maybe not as much as I did.

I had graduated in May of 1999 but we came up for this game in 1999.

Brady looked downright human for most of that game. And damn, I miss when our defense had players like this.

I forgot that they use to play these games on the felt from my pool table.

It’s depressing to imagine what this program could have accomplished had Michael Vick been playing QB along with our stellar defenses from ‘99-‘01.

And then maybe you get Marcus Vick. And maybe getting out of Virginia would have been the best thing that could have happened to Marcus Vick. (Michael too).

On a lesser note, I wonder what would have happened if Madei didn't hurt his thumb that preseason.

On an even lesser note, I wonder what would have happened that night if Nunes stepped out of bounds on that safety. His toe was literally inches from the white, then the circus started. And by today's rules, it's not even grounding. But in the long run it's probably best. That celebration would have taken a few years off the back end of my life I'm sure.

NC State was the hardest for me -- I thought I was going to throw up afterwards. Because we went into that game legitimately thinking we were national title good after destroying Wisconsin, and got out to a very fast lead.

I turned off that NC State game after we opened it with a bomb for a TD. Figured the rout was on. How did that one end?

I turned off that NC State game after we opened it with a bomb for a TD. Figured the rout was on. How did that one end?

Dee Brown stormed into the endzone from 1 yard out and scored a TD to win the game, and all was well.

Dee Brown stormed into the endzone from 1 yard out and scored a TD to win the game, and all was well.

Seems like he would have been a little young then to be getting the ball at the goal line at the end of the game, but hey, all's well that ends well.

I remember Quinton Spotwood making an unbelievable catch between 2 defenders to setup the Brown play. I think he had a TD catch and maybe a punt return TD too.

North Carolina State Shocks No. 13 Syracuse

I feel like he caught a long pass for a TD early in the game, and I think we jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead and it looked like we would blow them out. What a bunch of gut punches that game, at VT, and at Oklahoma were. We were about to blow the Tulane game too. TeBucky Jones saved the season with that pick 6.

Yeah, we were talking about this not that long ago. I can’t help but notice it for every single game I watch now. Zero crowd atmosphere comes across on TV. It sucks. A whole generation of kids will grow up not even making the “haaaahhhh” noise to simulate a crowd when playing nerf hoop or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom