Brandon and Shamarko | Syracusefan.com

Brandon and Shamarko

I've read Shamarkos story a few times now but not Sharpe. Great stories and very inspirational. I work with "kids" like this in my school, just in a rural setting vs. an urban setting. I think I'm going to print these stories out and make my H.S. kids read them when they tell me they're going to drop out of school.

I'll never forget the basketball senior day, when all the seniors walked onto the court, when introduced, with their familes, and Jeremy Mcneil, who was last, had no one with him, and the team surrounded him and walked him out. The kids, and they are kids, who make it through college, with limited or no family, are remarkable

12036612-large.jpeg

It is a remarkable story and yes I read parts with blurry eyes.

I wish these two, young and remarkable men nothing but the best in life.

Their sagas will inspire others.

Sure going to miss them.

Good luck guys!

PS: Just looked back to see who wrote that amazing story, kudos to Dave Rahme, you have outdone yourself!!

Excellent article, Dave. Happy to have these two young men representing Syracuse, and want to congratulate them on their hard work. They will be successful in life.

Not to take away Orangeeyes job but great article by Dave this morning about Brandon and Shamarko! I had
tears in my eyes reading it. http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2012/12/syracuse_football_teammates_ov.html
Thanks for a wonderful Christmas present Dave. College football has many problems; there are a lot of issues with it. But it provides a way out for a lot of kids in bad situations. Good to be reminded sometimes of the good things football brings to the table. Best wishes to these kids and their families. I hope the rest of their lives are a little easier. They deserve some breaks. I think the degrees they will earn are going to make a big difference for them.

Today of all days this story needed to be shared and these young men and their Angels need to be honored. They have already accomplished more than most and they have a gift of strength as result that will be with them and guide them for the rest of their lives.

I remember watching these guys play high school ball down here. They were great athletes, and Shamarko could have been a college running back as well. I was so excited about these guys when Marrone picked them up. I wish we could get more recruiting done in the area. I talk to a lot of high school players down here, and they have nothing but good things to say about the Cuse. I personally witnessed their playing days begin, and will be there at my first SU game to see them finish their college careers.

Wonderful story thanks Dave, and thanks MSOrange for posting it. There is noting else to say the story says it all.

I can relate, hit very close to home for me, I am very happy to see their story reach this point, and will follow where it goes forward.