Bravo for Lochte and Wambach | Syracusefan.com

Bravo for Lochte and Wambach

Fireball Jr.

All American
Nice day at the Olympics for two Rochester natives: gold in the 400 IM for Ryan Lochte, a goal against Colombia for Abby Wambach.

Wambache is the best scorer on the team, but Rapinoe is the best player. Man can she pass and dribble the ball, and she seems to be everywhere.

Love Abby's celebration after scoring her goal ... held open her eye, which was injured when a Colombia player clearly appeared to deliberately smack her in the face. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...lady-andrade-gets-revenge-211051954--oly.html
not saying the Columbian player was in the right (I didn't see the game or the replay) but Wambach happens to be probably the most thuggish player in the women's game. actually, the whole U.S. team, in the past 4-5 years, has developed a overly-physical style that is not fun to watch. I find it difficult to root for them.

not saying the Columbian player was in the right (I didn't see the game or the replay) but Wambach happens to be probably the most thuggish player in the women's game. actually, the whole U.S. team, in the past 4-5 years, has developed a overly-physical style that is not fun to watch. I find it difficult to root for them.
Really? When I see Wambach, I see someone using her size and strength to her advantage, which is extremely frustrating to an opposing fullback, which is usually what will get you a cheap shot every once in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom