events for Olympics | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

events for Olympics

Gotta figure Quidditch gets the nod first
I really thought this was an excellent SNL spoof but now I think it's real and I cannot believe it. It may be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.

As for Pickleball, we can use the Break Dancing model: fad “sport” reaches peak popularity in Year X, fades away into obscurity pretty quickly in year X+3, then makes an Olympic debut in year X+39. Using that, Pickleball will be a medal event for the 2064 games (with an outside chance of making it for 2060).

The weird thing about pickleball, for me at least, is it's treated like a recent thing when we were playing pickleball in gym class back in 2006. My uncle was talking to me about it a few years ago like it was this hot new thing and I was like, "the thing even the kids who wouldn't run during gym were down for?"

FTR, I think pickleball should be included and I submit badminton as my evidence. They're basically the same sport and require the same amount of agility and hand-eye coordination. I was sick at both. Not to brag, but nobody wants this smoke :cool:.

Come to think of it, break dancing also became popular around the same time, I think. I remember "you got served" being an early 2000s thing. So maybe you have a point. Although, nobody mistook 'breaking' as a sport.

Last edited:
Just a matter of time before competitive hobby horsing becomes an Olympic sport, especially if the Scandinavian countries get their say.

How confident are you that this will happen before I die (in 40-50 years... hopefully)? I'd like to be an Olympic athlete. I'd go by BrookGun.

The weird thing about pickleball, for me at least, is it's treated like a recent thing when we were playing pickleball in gym class back in 2006. My uncle was talking to me about it a few years ago like it was this hot new thing and I was like, "the thing even the kids who wouldn't run during gym were down for?"

FTR, I think pickleball should be included and I submit badminton as my evidence. They're basically the same sport and require the same amount of agility and hand-eye coordination. I was sick at both. Not to brag, but nobody wants this smoke :cool:.

Come to think of it, break dancing also became popular around the same time, I think. I remember "you got served" being an early 2000s thing. So maybe you have a point. Although, nobody mistook 'breaking' as a sport.
I played pickle ball in gym class in 1992.

I think Break dancing became a thing in the 80’s.

I think Break dancing became a thing in the 80’s.
Break dancing/b-boying is one of the four elements of hip hop, which dates back to the 70s. Some will even argue the late 60s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom