BREAKING: Huge Mets Trade | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING: Huge Mets Trade

It looks like they aren't even giving up THAT much? Lindor > Rosario + Giminez and their prospects were #s 9 and 10. Hopefully this means that they have a long term deal in place for Lindor as well.

Will they get Springer or Bauer also?

I think this eliminates the Mets from Bauer. Much more likely to get Kluber/Odorizzi/Walker/Paxton/Tanaka.

Springer & a 5th starter is an unbelievable end to this offseason

It looks like they aren't even giving up THAT much? Lindor > Rosario + Giminez and their prospects were #s 9 and 10. Hopefully this means that they have a long term deal in place for Lindor as well.

The bloom has sorta faded from both Rosario and Giminez. I guess Cleveland is looking to shed salary and rebuild with a nice infusion of youth.

Hard to imagine having Mets' fans upset at this deal.

The bloom has sorta faded from both Rosario and Giminez. I guess Cleveland is looking to shed salary and rebuild with a nice infusion of youth.

Hard to imagine having Mets' fans upset at this deal.
Are there upset Mets fans? Pining away for Rosario's half season where he was an above average player?

I think this eliminates the Mets from Bauer. Much more likely to get Kluber/Odorizzi/Walker/Paxton/Tanaka.

Springer & a 5th starter is an unbelievable end to this offseason
I wanted Bauer, but Mccann, Lindor,Carassco, Springer would be the best offseason we maybe have ever have, God Bless Steve Cohen.

In these kinds of situations, the team getting the superstar coming up on a walk year often gets a negotiating window before the trade is official to agree to a contract extension. That was not given to the Mets here, which as a long time Met fan, gives me pause.

In these kinds of situations, the team getting the superstar coming up on a walk year often gets a negotiating window before the trade is official to agree to a contract extension. That was not given to the Mets here, which as a long time Met fan, gives me pause.

Not too worried about it. I would be stunned if they don't get him signed.

Not too worried about it. I would be stunned if they don't get him signed.
I agree but I have been a Mets fan for a long time. If there is a chance something horrible can happen, it usually does.

Maybe a new day is really dawning.

I think so. I hope so. Fingers crossed.

I agree but I have been a Mets fan for a long time. If there is a chance something horrible can happen, it usually does.

I'm with you on being snake bit... But I have a hard time believing Cohen would have signed off if mets didn't believe they could sign him long term.

The more I think about this deal the more excited I get... They didn't lose a single piece that matters and got an all star. Now need a CF and probably one more starting pitcher and the team is SOLID.

Have faith in Uncle Stevie!!

mets got alot for a little. even if its one year of lindor, not to mention carrasco is excellent when healthy and has two years plus option year left on a very reasonable contract. None of these prospects they gave up project to have star potential..and you well know what rosario is.

As an Indians fan, it's beyond frustrating to see this happen. It wasn't nearly as bad trading Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger, Cliff Lee, etc. Lindor was a face-of-the-franchise guy who everyone loved. Cookie's story along made him easy to root for. This is just further proof the Tribe will keep trading away their top talent despite what is good for the face of the team.

As an Indians fan, it's beyond frustrating to see this happen. It wasn't nearly as bad trading Kluber, Bauer, Clevinger, Cliff Lee, etc. Lindor was a face-of-the-franchise guy who everyone loved. Cookie's story along made him easy to root for. This is just further proof the Tribe will keep trading away their top talent despite what is good for the face of the team.

mid thats all you get for Lindor and cookie... then they might as well have kept them ... oh wait .. must save money

mid thats all you get for Lindor and cookie... then they might as well have kept them ... oh wait .. must save money

Lindor had been pretty vocal about wanting to stay in Cleveland, but the two couldn't agree to a deal. I'd rather them trade and get something in return than more than likely letting him walk next year for absolutely nothing.

Lindor had been pretty vocal about wanting to stay in Cleveland, but the two couldn't agree to a deal. I'd rather them trade and get something in return than more than likely letting him walk next year for absolutely nothing.
I lived in Tampa for a while. Made more sense that they had to do the develop and trade circle of life since they have 0 revenue. Makes less sense in Cleveland but at least they've shown to be capable of contending despite having limitations. Could just be Pittsburgh or Baltimore and stink for decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom