Breaking news -- new DL commit | Syracusefan.com

Breaking news -- new DL commit

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Expect in next day or two a commit from Jahmil Haley, DT from Churchland HS in Portsmouth VA. Coach Brumbaugh is the main recruiter (Daoust originally was per article below). Originally from Jamaica, NY.

Film from YouTube

ESPN info here and here

Camped at SU

Expect in next day or two a commit from Jahmil Haley, DT from Churchland HS in Portsmouth VA. Coach Brumbaugh is the main recruiter (Daoust originally was per article below). Originally from Jamaica, NY.

Cool, thanks! Didn't realize I had already paid for premium content here. ;)

Great Area to recruit in...Tidewater is loaded with athletes. Looks like another under the radar guy. Seems like a possible RS candidate but that is okay.

Must mean we are officially done with JJ. Also, the kid from Florida Timms... I mean how many DT's can we possibly grab...

Nice size already. Will grades be an issue? A 2.6 in H.S. is one of two things... you ain't doing or you don't know

Film from YouTube

ESPN info here and here

Camped at SU
Another scoop from DCCuse, who is on fire! With a nickname of 'New York', Haley was destined to be in Syracuse. Kind of like DestiNY. :rolleyes:

Nice size already. Will grades be an issue? A 2.6 in H.S. is one of two things... you ain't doing or you don't know

Yep. Maybe a Milford Man?

Must mean we are officially done with JJ. Also, the kid from Florida Timms... I mean how many DT's can we possibly grab...
There will be a spot for Jarron Jones for when/if he decides on the Orange.

There will be a spot for Jarron Jones for when/if he decides on the Orange.
I love your never say die attitude DC! I agree that you can never have enough quality lineman... I also agree a spot will always be open for JJ... Hopefully, we get at least one of the Morgan - JJ combo!

UPDATE -- Guess some folks wanted him to hold off until after he visits. Looking at dates now when to schedule his official visit.

UPDATE -- Guess some folks wanted him to hold off until after he visits. Looking at dates now when to schedule his official visit.

Did Cuse coaches hold him off?

Running out of room with some bigger fish to fry.

Not that I've heard. Folks from home.

Great Area to recruit in...Tidewater is loaded with athletes. Looks like another under the radar guy. Seems like a possible RS candidate but that is okay.
I agree. Beamer has mined this area for years.

Shamarko Thomas and Brandon Sharpe are 2 guys on our roster from the Tidewater region who are prime examples - neither was that highly ranked, but both are making major contributions.

Haley and fellow Churchland linemen Allen Madu camped at SU this summer. Haley hails from NYC and still has family there; in fact, his nickname is "New York". Here's a good article I found:

http://recruit757.com/2011/06/16/churchland-duo-digs-syracuse-camp/

Film from YouTube
Did Cuse coaches hold him off?

Running out of room with some bigger fish to fry.

ESPN info here and here

Camped at SU
Seems a bit small for aDT in Div1

so true-lol. The emotion was lacking though.

:rolleyes:

The first commit we get from this point on has some big shoes to fill. The last time we moved boards (to Scout), Bob L. broke the story on the first day that we had got a commit from Mike Williams.

The worse changes are those that weren't broken in the first place. Scout was fine in its origial format

Heeey...look who joined the party.