Breakout Players this Year | Syracusefan.com

Breakout Players this Year

anomander

Living Legend
I know we have a sleeper player thread, but that's someone not expected to do much that surprises people. Breakout is someone who hasn't really produced in the past, but is primed for a big season.

My choices:

Defense - Ron Thompson - Can see him taking over as one of the starting ends, and finally having his coming out party with a whole bunch of sacks, qb pressures, and TFL's.
runner up - Marquez Hodge - Will put the vice grip on the MIKE spot and lead the team in tackles

Offense - Brisly Estime - Had a nice Freshman season, but will earn 2nd team all ACC honors being a threat on ST's and in the slot. A couple ST returns for TD's, lead the team in receptions, and yards
runner up - Steve Ishmael - Will be 3rd leading receiver on the team with around 400 yards receiving

I say jamal Custis will be better than Ishmael if he can learn the playbook. SU currently has no one on the roster with his size and athleticism. He's a mismatch nightmare.

bothsocksup said:
Dyashawn Davis doesnt get mentioned here enough. I think this season he becomes an elite level linebacker
I agree. He has held back by injuries last year, which hurt his effectiveness.

A good source says he has added a lot of muscle during the off season, is well over 220 pounds and primed for a stellar senior season.

I agree. He has held back by injuries last year, which hurt his effectiveness.

A good source says he has added a lot of muscle during the off season, is well over 220 pounds and primed for a stellar senior season.
I saw him in Manley last week, he looked like a million bucks. So to speak.

Cam Lynch and Dyshawn Davis make me confident about this season.

I know we have a sleeper player thread, but that's someone not expected to do much that surprises people. Breakout is someone who hasn't really produced in the past, but is primed for a big season.

My choices:

Defense - Ron Thompson - Can see him taking over as one of the starting ends, and finally having his coming out party with a whole bunch of sacks, qb pressures, and TFL's.
runner up - Marquez Hodge - Will put the vice grip on the MIKE spot and lead the team in tackles

Offense - Brisly Estime - Had a nice Freshman season, but will earn 2nd team all ACC honors being a threat on ST's and in the slot. A couple ST returns for TD's, lead the team in receptions, and yards
runner up - Steve Ishmael - Will be 3rd leading receiver on the team with around 400 yards receiving
Offense: Josh Paris
Defense: Marqez Hodge

Offense- Morris- I think he leads SU in rushing and by a wide margin.
Defense- Reddish- stays healthy and becomes a guy that we will be worried about leaving come January

Offense- Morris- I think he leads SU in rushing and by a wide margin.
Defense- Reddish- stays healthy and becomes a guy that we will be worried about leaving come January
Did reddish redshirt?

Offense: Alvin Cornelius - has proven he can get open and can catch the ball. I think he will be great in his redshirt sophomore season.
Defense: Julian Whigham - the year the light goes on.

Are we all assuming that Whigham goes without saying? I'm surprised Crusty's one of the first to mention him.

Full_Rebar said:
Finishing his 3rd year this year if I remember right..

Reddish is a senior this year. He's played 3 without a redshirt.

Im going with the 1s here: broyld and whigham. The key for whigham is to stay healthy

Offense: Morris. 1000 plus yards rushing. 300 plus receiving. 10 plus total TDs
Defense: sugar bear 10 plus sacks

No cam. No dyshawn. Given how they have performed in the past I don't think you could even consider an all ACC type year a breakout. Too good going in.

Agree with AAM62. I see Ashton being our go-to-guy on offense. He will have a big year. Book it. As far as defense, I think Davis will be a huge contributor!