Breanna Stewart back in Cicero | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Breanna Stewart back in Cicero

PhatOrange said:
I hope the traitor, Breanna Stewart has the worst game of her life. GO ORANGE!!!

I hope she plays bad because it will help us, but she's far from a traitor. Since the women have no local players on it and the men only have DC, everyone else must be traitors to the schools near their hometowns.

SU women weren't in the same place back then as they are now. It would not surprise me that if she was coming out of HS right now, SU would have a far better chance.

I hope she plays bad because it will help us, but she's far from a traitor. Since the women have no local players on it and the men only have DC, everyone else must be traitors to the schools near their hometowns.

SU women weren't in the same place back then as they are now. It would not surprise me that if she was coming out of HS right now, SU would have a far better chance.

I have nothing against Stewart for choosing UConn. I do get a little annoyed that she was disappointed she didn't get to play in the Dome. Hey Breanna, you could have played 70+ games in the Dome and you chose not to. That's some arrogant s*** right there thinking that SU owed her a homecoming.

I'm rooting like crazy for SU but I'm not going to make it personal against Stewart.

I'm rooting for SU and will cheer for SU until the final horn sounds, but if it can't be SU I am glad that it will be Stewart.

Stewart is a little too cocky and arrogant. I've heard through the grapevine from girls who went to CNS during her HS days she was just as cocky then. She guaranteed the title during interview on court literally minutes after winning their semi-final. I hope every SU player heard that. She needs to be taken down a peg and roughed up a bit. Fouled extra hard, even.

Stewart is a little too cocky and arrogant. I've heard through the grapevine from girls who went to CNS during her HS days she was just as cocky then. She guaranteed the title during interview on court literally minutes after winning their semi-final. I hope every SU player heard that. She needs to be taken down a peg and roughed up a bit. Fouled extra hard, even.
More often than not, the alpha dogs in sports (or really any area of life) carry themselves with an air of self-confidence. Nothing to see here, really.

Winning is sooooo unlikely... But the question has to bed asked: is a win here the biggest FU UCONN of all time?!?

At risk for them:

- Geno winning #11 and passing Wooden
- 4 in a row
- Crazy winning streak
- Best player, All-American Syracuse native going for 4th championship

At risk for us:
- nothing

Winning is sooooo unlikely... But the question has to bed asked: is a win here the biggest FU UCONN of all time?!?

At risk for them:

- Geno winning #11 and passing Wooden
- 4 in a row
- Crazy winning streak
- Best player, All-American Syracuse native going for 4th championship

At risk for us:
- nothing

Eh, not the first one. Geno's not passing Wooden any more than he's catching Phil Jackson or already passed Vince Lombardi.

They're completely distinct games, have always hated when the media tries to drum up interest in women's hoops by comparing it to men's.

I'm rooting like crazy for SU but I'm not going to make it personal against Stewart.
Me too. Stewart is a good kid and the best female basketball player of all time.

Proud she is from CNS.

Surprised she apparently guaranteed a victory for UConn tonight. I blame that on Geno.

Spock344 said:

That's garbage. I know girls that played with her, coaches that coached her and other people that know her. Never heard anything like that. She's confident for sure like most every D1 player male or female, but she's always been described as a great teammate and coachable kid. Probably some jealously going on there.

OttoMets said:
Eh, not the first one. Geno's not passing Wooden any more than he's catching Phil Jackson or already passed Vince Lombardi. They're completely distinct games, have always hated when the media tries to drum up interest in women's hoops by comparing it to men's.

Not my opinion - that's the way ESPN is choosing to frame it.

My opinion is that 11 championships in any D1 sport is damn hard and should be lauded as such. Compared to men? Dunno.

I have nothing against Stewart for choosing UConn. I do get a little annoyed that she was disappointed she didn't get to play in the Dome. Hey Breanna, you could have played 70+ games in the Dome and you chose not to. That's some arrogant s*** right there thinking that SU owed her a homecoming.
Amen. Couldn't have said it better. Plus as I said earlier, if we had played UConn, we would have given them the keys to beating the SU system which has been so successful in the tournament. Of course UConn will probably win anyway but why give them the ammo in advance?

That's exactly the perception I get too from seeing her on tv, in interviews, etc.

Now living here in the Cuse one hears exactly the opposite from people that know her in some personal capacity. Until this game is over I'm going with the first one and as you observed and posted.....sweep the leg (metaphorically speaking of course!). GO SU!

Not my opinion - that's the way ESPN is choosing to frame it.

My opinion is that 11 championships in any D1 sport is damn hard and should be lauded as such. Compared to men? Dunno.

Not attributing that to you; noted that it's a foolish comparison perpetuated by the press.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom