Brent Axe article about "sitters'' vs "standers" | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe article about "sitters'' vs "standers"

Is part of Brent's new job to get the community more energized blogging about SU sports? I still don't understand exactly what he is doing.

I made a comment as well. One of the posters cited the cavernous Dome as going against the "enthusiasm factor," and I believe there is something to this. Back in the day, I used to sit up in the nosebleed section, and you do feel removed from the action. Now I sit in the second row of tier 3 but there is still a sense of distance. Of course, I stand and cheer and clap, as do others in my section, and we've never had a problem with people saying sit down. But the sense of being a little removed from the action, plus our team blowing out inferior opponents, mitigates against raging enthusiasm for some of these early games.

What does it say? My computer does not allow syracuse.com to be loaded...thanks!

Hate sitters, and agree... our fans have been terrible this year. We're spoiled.

What does it say? My computer does not allow syracuse.com to be loaded...thanks!

Will Junior
Anybody think about maybe telling these people who tell you to sit down to go "kick rocks" and i am trying to polite. They can tell you what to do why can't we return the favor.

Will Junior
Anybody think about maybe telling these people who tell you to sit down to go "kick rocks" and i am trying to polite. They can tell you what to do why can't we return the favor.

Thanks Marsh. I went to the 900 game and I was the only one making noise when Detroit was shooting a freethrow until the game was close. We are spoiled and I admit when it comes to hoop I'm as guilty as the next fan when it comes to being quiet...we really needed the students and it showed.

let's take a vote:
a: you like dome atmosphere as it. to register this vote just sit on your hands next game and leave early.
b. you wish it was more electric. to register this vote stand and yell and cheer and curse and tell the usher to suck balls.

I was at one of the games last year and had great seats in Section 104, right on the aisle, which is right next to the student section.
The students pretty much stand the whole game and it's a lot of fun being right next to them and their enthusiasm.
In order to be able to see that action at that end of the court, you kind of have to stand to see over the students plus, it's a great way to get into the game along with them.
Well, while I was standing, a woman actually walked down from a couple rows back and told me I needed to sit down.
I couldn't believe it - I really wanted to tell her to go pound salt, but held my tongue.
Instead, I just edged over closer across the aisle to the student section. If she was going to insist that I sit down, then she'd have to try and get the entire student section to sit down.
I still was at a loss that people would buy seats in that section and then just want to sit to watch the game - hell, if you want to just sit and watch a game, stay home and watch it on TV!

I'm surprised that none of the oldtimers have complained about the tradition of standing until the first basket is made. We know that over the years that there has been some fairly extended times unitl they can sit. Was it last year that there was one game that extended past the first media timeout. How did they handle that one?

As an old timer and former season ticket holder, there are standers that are OK and standers that need to be seated. Particular memory of a guy behind us who after his fourth or fifth Dome beer, wanted to stand up all the time and manage to get beer on at least 3 or 4 of us until his buddies pulled him down.