Brent Axe back on radio | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe back on radio

I can't believe I'm about to say this....but I kinda miss Brent. You can't deny that the guy knows Syracuse sports.

His show on 1260 was FAR too long for one person. His shtick became stale and repetitive during the 3rd (and occasionally 4th) hour. If he eventually goes back on the air, four things that would help Brent would be:
  1. Shorten the show...or get another co-host (not Bud). Hearing you repeat the same issues hour after hour is brutal.
  2. Ease off the Bills coverage. Not everyone cares.
  3. Retire that "old man on the porch" voice that you do daily. Seriously.
  4. Add some "Danny Parkins" into your show. Give us some Meat-N Potatoes position by position battles and detailed camp coverage for football. Dig into it.

I like Brent! He had some decent moments and I generally enjoyed his show during my drive home from work. I live in NJ and can't stand the constant pro sport talk radio, especially Yankee and Knick fans calling to propose trades and or free agent signings! I honestly haven't tuned in to 1260 since he left due to Mike Lindsley and the othe clowns on the channel. I had to switch to the ESPN channel but it doesn't work half the time . I'll be looking out for Brent!

I can't believe I'm about to say this....but I kinda miss Brent. You can't deny that the guy knows Syracuse sports.

His show on 1260 was FAR too long for one person. His shtick became stale and repetitive during the 3rd (and occasionally 4th) hour. If he eventually goes back on the air, four things that would help Brent would be:
  1. Shorten the show...or get another co-host (not Bud). Hearing you repeat the same issues hour after hour is brutal.
  2. Ease off the Bills coverage. Not everyone cares.
  3. Retire that "old man on the porch" voice that you do daily. Seriously.
  4. Add some "Danny Parkins" into your show. Give us some Meat-N Potatoes position by position battles and detailed camp coverage for football. Dig into it.
When he used to do #3 I would turn the station for the rest of the show. Annoyed me so much and I'm in my 30's!

Listened to him for a bit yesterday and while I was never a fan previously, being on with McManus made me appreciate Brent a lot more.

Listened to him for a bit yesterday and while I was never a fan previously, being on with McManus made me appreciate Brent a lot more.

First time I turned in to McManus, he was alleging that the "the goal of every football player on every play is to injure someone on the other team". If that were true there'd be a guy carted off the field on every play and they'd never be able to finish the game. In four years of listening to Brent, I never heard anything that dumb.

Brent was the perfect radio show host. He had the personality of your favorite bartender. Opinionated but easy to talk to and a good listener as well as a good talker. He should never have left the air.

I'd like to have a person on the air that just talks about SU sports. Someone knowledgeable and is able to get guests from all over to talk about SU sports. Can this Brent Axe be this person?

I really enjoyed listening to Brent on my way home from work. I miss having an afternoon show worth listening to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom