Brey goes off on ACC officiating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brey goes off on ACC officiating

that could in part be due to the fact that ND doesn't really even try to pretend to play defense.

I see your point - but Virginia is second in least fouls called.

As a poster earlier said, this may be the last straw for him after a bad season. The officiating in the ACC has at the very least been questionable.

Makes you want Burr and Higgens back! :p

As a poster earlier said, this may be the last straw for him after a bad season. The officiating in the ACC has at the very least been questionable.

Makes you want Burr and Higgens back! :p

Honestly yes. TV Teddy...Michael Stephens...Mike Eades all suck.

clock issues happen every game.. most get caught and not always by the officials. if teams care enough have one of the managers pay attention. it happens in fball too. it cost us the su-miami game yrs ago but no one noticed..

His team got hosed at the end.

Yeah, a bunch of different issues here.

1. I still think they got hosed.
2. I don't care that they got hosed.
3. I think Brey is fine to complain.
4. I think his reasoning, "it's because...football," seems silly. It could just as likely be general incompetence, or any other nefarious reason.

College officiating is bad, I'll give you that.

But an organized campaign against ND by 'ACC refs' is kinda ridiculous. Conferences dont have their own refs and for there to be a conspiracy there would have to be an understanding between more than a few parties that this is what is going to happen. So where did it start? At the top with Swofford? Did he have a meeting with ALL college refs and said 'Hey guys, when you are officiating our conference games and you get ND, call a lot of plays against them, because we want their football team to be a full member. Oh, and make sure you dont tell anyone about this meeting. Thanks.'

As long as ND thinks they are “special” and don’t need to align with the conference in ALL sports they will pull crap like this. IMO they do nothing extraordinary for the conference so why allow them special privileges.

Tells you what is at the top of their mind though. And that’s pretty interesting. Could have left it at bad officiating. Wonder why he chose to go there specially?

I'd love to hear the refs explain some of today's calls, especially the lolworthy clock review at the end.

Jeff Caple doesn’t look too pleased either. Lots of “of course” when calls didn’t go their way.

Jeff Caple doesn’t look too pleased either. Lots of “of course” when calls didn’t go their way.

Get used to it, Jeff. You may think that you're a Dukie, but that was a loooong time ago.

But nothing for the officials who blew multiple calls.

Said it before and I'll say it again - would love to see officials, immediately after the game, have to answer media questions, with replays available for viewing.
Totally agree. I've been saying that for years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom