Brian Kelly...Those who live in glass houses... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brian Kelly...Those who live in glass houses...

Don't think so. Can't recall when ND last hired from in-house, or from the defensive side (Willingham?).

Bob Davie was in-house, no?

How does the 'glass house-throwing stones' saying apply to Brian Kelly?
Did he make comments on Marrone leaving Syracuse for the NFL?

If he goes, diaco will be NDs HC, and we didn't even ask him...

Why wouldn't ND open up the search to get a "big Name" instead of someone who has never been a HC?

He is pulling a Chip Kelly. Using the NFL to scare his school to give him more money!

Wait a second...

I thought...

Aw, screw it don't want to offend that supp guy.

Brian Kelly is a really good football coach.

He did at ND what nobody thought could be done anymore.

The loss to Alabama was certainly no surprise.

Still, I'm really surprised at this development but suspect that he will return to ND.

Agree.

I think it's just a money grab to get the Irish to bump up his pay but that said he always seemed a bit slimy to me and I suppose pretty much all the successful coaches are to some point.

I get the dislike for Kelly. Nobody in Cincy was happy with how he left here. But to say he isn't a good coach is just silly. The guy is a very good coach and likely would be even better in the NFL. He is that rare bird people talk about, an actual play caller. If you look at his record of success everywhere he has gone you can not conclude anything other than he can coach the game on the field. Given equal talent I'd take Kelly over most coaches, college or NFL.

I get the dislike for Kelly. Nobody in Cincy was happy with how he left here. But to say he isn't a good coach is just silly. The guy is a very good coach and likely would be even better in the NFL. He is that rare bird people talk about, an actual play caller. If you look at his record of success everywhere he has gone you can not conclude anything other than he can coach the game on the field. Given equal talent I'd take Kelly over most coaches, college or NFL.
He reminds me a lot of Jimmy Johnson. Just as slimy.

He might end up in the NFL.

Well they lost one recruit. Anzalone flipped from ND to Florida.

Agreed. Guy is successful everywhere he goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom