Brian Kelly throws players under bus...not literally | Syracusefan.com

Brian Kelly throws players under bus...not literally

really have to wonder how sold David Perkins is?

Surprised ishaq wasn't redshirted.

6 games played 0 starts
2 solo tackles
1 assist

Lynch has played well looking at the stats.
2 starts. 2nd on team in sacks. 13 tackles

Unfortunately we see this every year. Players that can be program game-changers and start as true frosh at a school like Syracuse decide to become buried on a depth chart. It's their lives and they have a right to decide where they're going to school but jeez, how many times does this story have to repeat before some of these kids take a step back and realize what situation they're putting themselves in?

"Asked about Dayne Crist's mental state following his game-turning fumble Saturday, Kelly said: "I don't have to worry about it. He does." Kelly said there were no quarterback rotation changes "as of today."

OUCH.

Who cares? What is Kelly supposed to do? It's the players who have turned it over like 15 times in 3 losses. NEG-forbid that you say something and hold players accountable.

The HC really kicks Crist.

Brian Kelly seems like a jerk, but I think he's a good football coach who has toughened up the Irish.

I wonder if the players like playing for him.

Who cares? What is Kelly supposed to do? It's the players who have turned it over like 15 times in 3 losses. NEG-forbid that you say something and hold players accountable.
You do it behind closed doors. You can hold your players accountable without throwing players publically under the bus.

You do it behind closed doors. You can hold your players accountable without throwing players publically under the bus.

Sometimes I think a player needs to be called out. But he never accepts responsibility for a loss. Ever. He always puts losses on the players. And don't forget he had a pretty big hand in that kid getting killed last year, though I'm sure he believes he's blameless for that as well.

I don't give a about anyone who would rather play for some @sshole then come and play at SU. Go bury yourself on the depth chart.