Bright Spot | Syracusefan.com

Bright Spot

Agreed.

I would add that if we need a 3 at the end he has to be the one to bring the ball up the court because we cannot get the ball to him otherwise.

Cooney appears to have rediscovered that stroke.

Seems to be in a good spot mentally, you can see the confidence on him when a few shots go down.

I have to say, I've been very hard on him this year, but he put together back-to-back good games. I was hoping he could get to the rim a bit more, but Nova was pretty much all over him most of the game. Of course, the only foul that came from all that grabbing around screens was a foul on Cooney.

Seemed fitting considering the game.

The one play that killed me was when KJo took a wide open three later in the second half and missed badly, while Cooney was wide open about 10 feet to his left. Would have loved to see Trevor take that shot instead - he was set up to catch it in stride if KJo saw him.

Gbinje's rebounding has been a bright spot too.

Especially in the first half for me - he grabbed a couple where he really got after it and one he grabbed one-handed that caught me off guard. Impressive.

Cooney appears to have rediscovered that stroke.

Seems to be in a good spot mentally, you can see the confidence on him when a few shots go down.

Agreed. That Louisiana Tech game might have been the best thing to happen to Cooney [and Roberson, to a lesser extent]. Cooney not only got off the snide shooting, but he also now appears to be way more comfortable handlign the ball. That game AND today, he looked like a GUARD. Period. Not a one dimensional shooting guard who isn't contributing if he isn't shooting it well.

Love that he's putting the ball on the floor, getting to the hole, etc. He really is a good athlete--happy to see him rounding out his game like this.

Last edited:
him and mccullough got to stop trading off the alien abduction, send it to another team

Agreed. That Louisiana Tech game might have been the best thing to happen to Cooney [and Roberson, to a lesser extent]. Cooney not only got off the snide shooting, but he also now appears to be way more comfortable handlign the ball. That game AND today, he looked like a GUARD. Period. Love that he's putting the ball on the floor, getting to the hole, etc. He really is a good athlete--happy to see him rounding out his game like this.
i really wish that floater late didn't slip out of his hands. He made such a good play to get to that spot of the floor.

Indeed this was a good thing to see trevor do it back to back. If anything, going into ACC play we will be nothing less than battle tested with so many tough OOC foes.

Agreed.

I would add that if we need a 3 at the end he has to be the one to bring the ball up the court because we cannot get the ball to him otherwise.
We can run a lot better action for him that way too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom