Brilliant Nugget from Hackett re Tonight's Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brilliant Nugget from Hackett re Tonight's Game

If they want to run they need to use Smith and Moore, and Bailey and get a bit creative. I think you will see Kinder tonight in a package.

We've had 4 400 yard games since the beginning of 2010 (Holy crap that's bad. Averaging 400 (out of 22 games, 11 typically would be over 400) only puts you at 56th in the country) We're basically a third as likely to hit 400 yards as an average offense.

Rushing yardage in those games 202,249,259, and 194

Our top 4 passing games since then (318,275,260, and 258) only resulted in 354, 365, 338, and 331 total yards.

In our top 4 games 400+ yard games, we never threw for more than 250 (239, 249, 188, 229)

maybe someday we'll have an offense that doesn't require 200 yards on the ground to get to 400 total, but we don't have that offense now

Maybe it's possible that when your ahead you have no reason to stop the clock and throw the ball?

Maybe we can see lots of flash out there as well...

Maybe it's possible that when your ahead you have no reason to stop the clock and throw the ball?
WVU and K State are the only 2 real teams they've cracked 400 against and they ran the ball right from the start and they certainly didn't have the K State game in hand.

WVU and K State are the only 2 real teams they've cracked 400 against and they ran the ball right from the start and they certainly didn't have the K State game in hand.

Real teams? What were the other teams that are deemed not real?

Id be shocked if Hackett was brought back next year, the offense output has been putrid and teh playcalling worse

Id be shocked if Hackett was brought back next year, the offense output has been putrid and teh playcalling worse

And yet, I'd be surprised (not shocked, but surprised) if Hackett wasn't brought back. I just don't know if that's the HCDM way.

I used to sit next to some guys and all they did was complain and say "Watch, SU will blow it" with their arms crossed and ready to bitch when something does go wrong while for some reason feeling justified that they were right all along. They never cheered, just watched and bitched.

LOL! Those guys sound like a blast to hang out with.

Be prepared to see Bailey all game and very very little of Smith and Moore (even less than we have seen recently)...

I don't want ROBinson's flashes, I dont want coach PP's 200 rushing , 200 passing 100% boring. I want Marrone's mulitple, I think we saw it against WV. but I would like to see it again.

That was the worst call in the history of football.
do you realize how well that play was set up.. there was noone around to make the play. the backside LB caught provo from behind because he didnt see the ball fake to the RB or that play goes for 20+ yds.. credit a good play on the D not the play call..

do you realize how well that play was set up.. there was noone around to make the play. the backside LB caught provo from behind because he didnt see the ball fake to the RB or that play goes for 20+ yds.. credit a good play on the D not the play call..
Nick Provo doesn't ever need to be running a reverse. The odds of success are slim.

I asked Matt Park about that play. He brought up another good point- Nick Provo is one of the few guys on the team who can break a tackle.

D's tend to make better plays when slower guys have the football. Which is probably why TEs never run reverses. We aren't as innovative ad you think.

he caught provo from behind because it's easy to catch tight ends from behind which is why most people don't run tight end arounds or defensive end arounds

reverses dont work because of speed, the usually work because of confusion by the D. Speed helps when the play breaks down..

reverses dont work because of speed, the usually work because of confusion by the D. Speed helps when the play breaks down..
we should run some fumblerooskis for macky. that'll really confuse them. a grandson-around. he is lighter than provo though...

IB I sure hope your right I would love to see Kinder get a package. I am just not sure if this is the game for it though. Pitt and Cincinnati do not have the outside speed that S Florida has maybe that would be a better opportunity.

I can't see HCDM dumping Hackett after this year -- he will give him one more year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom