Bris Estime torn Achilles | Syracusefan.com

Bris Estime torn Achilles

This sucks. If Brisly never plays a down in the NFL he has used football to make his life better. I love the fact that kids like Bris and Dejuan Coleman have used sports to get a degree that many people thought they could never get. I remember multiple pages on Brisley thread where people were sure he would never qualify. Not only did Estime qualify he graduated with a degree from a prestigious university. Good luck Brisly Estime.

So it looks like he might get to have surgery and then rehab over the next year with the team. That might not be such a terrible outcome all things considered.

He was likely going to make the roster as a return man. Sucks...

Man, that really stinks.

I was talking with another SU fan the other day about how maligned Estime was by some portion of the fanbase when we signed him, and how impactful his career was. Once he got acclimated as a true frosh, he started to make an impact as a receiver, almost singlehandedly won the bowl game for us with that huge punt return late, and went on to be a quality receiver his final two seasons.

Sucks that this could derail his path to potentially playing for pay.

Man, that really stinks.

I was talking with another SU fan the other day about how maligned Estime was by some portion of the fanbase when we signed him, and how impactful his career was. Once he got acclimated as a true frosh, he started to make an impact as a receiver, almost singlehandedly won the bowl game for us with that huge punt return late, and went on to be a quality receiver his final two seasons.

Agree. Brisly has NFL level skill as a PR and KOR guy and could help on the coverage teams too.

Hope he gets paid this season while recovering on IR (not sure what the rules are but I assume he makes some coin recovering) and has a great delayed rookie season a year from now.

Man, that really stinks.

Agreed.

Briz clearly had "it" - dude was amazing in the open field.
He lacked the very top-end gear the truly elite PR/KR/WR's have, but was still incredibly effective and impactful.

Wishing him a very quick and complete recovery, and hoping we can cheer for him on Sundays at some point!!

Agree. Brisly has NFL level skill as a PR and KOR guy and could help on the coverage teams too.

Hope he gets paid this season while recovering on IR (not sure what the rules are but I assume he makes some coin recovering) and has a great delayed rookie season a year from now.
keeping him on the IR means he gets his full pay, can sit in on all the meetings, watch the practices...but cannot participate in any way shape or form on the field during 'official practice' time...even if 100% healthy.

at their discretion, the could give him a medical buyout making him a FA, this would give him an ability to actually play...if healthy.

I should add that the medical buyout, does prevent him from returning to that team to play.

so if he makes it to September, he should be good.

Last edited:
This brings back the bad memories of Terrel Hunt's 1st game in 2015 - same injury.

keeping him on the IR means he gets his full pay, can sit in on all the meetings, watch the practices...but cannot participate in any way shape or form on the field during 'official practice' time...even if 100% healthy.

at their discretion, the could give him a medical buyout making him a FA, this would give him an ability to actually play...if healthy.

I should add that the medical buyout, does prevent him from returning to that team to play.

What is the process / issues of making it to September (you mean to stay on the IR?). I'm assuming he had signed a contract.

Yep, this may well be a case of the Jets playing keepaway.

Geez what a terrible thing to have happened. I hope he makes it. Seems like such a good hard working kid.

I loved the Salt Badger

badger.jpg

He's been held back by injuries most of his career. I hope he'll still get a chance to roar across NFL fields before he's done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom