Briscoe and Ennis On Now ESPN against Findlay: 3rd Qrt | Syracusefan.com

Briscoe and Ennis On Now ESPN against Findlay: 3rd Qrt

arbitragegls

All Conference
ESPN2...Briscoe has 11 and Ennis is amazingly good reading the floor...either one or both are definitely guards to have!

ESPN2, actually.

I've been impressed, even though they are kinda struggling to shoot and their team is looking a little overmatched.

Ennis - very smooth, physically ready PG with a solid stroke and vision.

Briscoe - Dion Waiters, Jr.

I'm at the game. Findlay Prep is just HUGE. They have at least 5 guys above 6'8, inlcuding a kid named Nick Madray that I thought we were recruiting at one point. Bennett is a beast to stop, and as you both said, Ennis and Briscoe look good. Briscoe has taken a lot of mid-range shots and been off, but is very impressive for a freshman. Ennis is very smooth running the point.

Would love to nab them both. Ennis is a player and the sky is the limit for Briscoe--unbelievable he can play at this level against top level competition as a frosh.

Briscoe looks amazing. I can't believe he is only a freshman. He looks physically as tough as Brandon or Dion. I hope his sister has mega influence on getting him to SU. I actually like his game better their Ennis.

Ennis has looked a little frustrated at times with the defense that Williams-Goss has played on him.

I think Ennis is a smart player with a good game, but he does not have the athleticism I would prefer in a point guard. The best thing about him is that he has great skills but he would definitely be a four year player.

Its been mentioned before but Briscoe plays a lot like Dion Waiters. Nobody can stay in front of him. He was the only player on St. Benedict that was not physically outmatched by his Findlay counterpart. Hard to believe he's just a freshman.

Said this in another thread. Ennis plays like Edelin did. I think he is more athletic than he might look. He is just smooth and under control. Times he just blew into the lane after a crossover and either put ip a left handed layup or dumped to a big.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Is Findlay really a school? The announcers said the whole enrollment of the school is 12...the basketball team. Is that for real? They recruit players nationally. Weird.
Ennis looked good, great handle, court vision, passing skills. A pass first PG that sets everyone up. Briscoe will be top 10 in his class. Gets to the rim at will and finishes. He does remind you of Dion. Hope we get both of them.

Agree with Bees; Ennis is in the Edelin/Jardine mold--won't overwhelm you but gets how to play the position and more athletic than he appears. Briscoe is a beast at 14-15 years old and definitely has more Waiters in him. Not the athletic freak that Waiters is, but obviously will gain more of it as he ages/progresses. Both would be really good gets. Briscoe will definitely be top 5-10 in class.

Said this in another thread. Ennis plays like Edelin did. I think he is more athletic than he might look. He is just smooth and under control. Times he just blew into the lane after a crossover and either put ip a left handed layup or dumped to a big.

Boy I hope we land him then. I love that type of player. Edelin was one of my favorites. "Smooth and under control" - my personal preference.

Is Findlay really a school? The announcers said the whole enrollment of the school is 12...the basketball team. Is that for real? They recruit players nationally. Weird.
Ennis looked good, great handle, court vision, passing skills. A pass first PG that sets everyone up. Briscoe will be top 10 in his class. Gets to the rim at will and finishes. He does remind you of Dion. Hope we get both of them.

Findlay Prep is part of another Prep school- Henderson International, which doesn't have athletics. I'm pretty sure all the players live under one roof. Findlay is also a big car dealership in Vegas so I'm guessing that man is the major booster involved.

Briscoe looked really good, shot just wasn't falling today. Also has a glue-like handle and solid build. I project him to be around 6'5 SG with PG skills.

I also think Ennis can be compared to Z Sims. He might be a bit more of an athlete than either Edelin or Sims.

Agree with Bees; Ennis is in the Edelin/Jardine mold--won't overwhelm you but gets how to play the position and more athletic than he appears. Briscoe is a beast at 14-15 years old and definitely has more Waiters in him. Not the athletic freak that Waiters is, but obviously will gain more of it as he ages/progresses. Both would be really good gets. Briscoe will definitely be top 5-10 in class.

Huh? I said Edelin, not Edelin/Scoop. Edelin and Scoop are not the same type of PG.

I don't think so. There was an article about the place from 18 months or so ago. You could probably google it. I can't believe the place still exists and that college programs have survived recruiting players from there. The "school" is a mansion in Las Vegas. At least at the time I looked it up last (maybe 8 months ago) the actual academic institution they were associated with (Henderson) was out of business. Insanely shady.

Huh? I said Edelin, not Edelin/Scoop. Edelin and Scoop are not the same type of PG.
No there not, but both run knew how to run a team while lacking super athleticism. I see Ennis in that type of role.

That's a very good comparison. Edelin never played above the rim but line Ennis could create in the lane. Ennis is very strong. I noticed that when he gets a step, like billy or even dion, he is strong enough with a good enough handle to continue his dribble into the lane with the guard he beat still on his hip.

Looks like Briscoe is our #1 G priority in the class of 2015 as well he should be. Glad we're working the hardest to land him. He's listed at 6-3 already, I think Jonny Flynn was listed at 5-8 or 5-9 when he was a HS frosh. I wonder how tall George is? Iasia is listed at 5-11.

Wonder if theres a chance Briscoe isn't even a G by the time he's, hopefully, here. If he's really 6'3 now he could easily grow another 6 inches before HS is done

Boy I hope we land him then. I love that type of player. Edelin was one of my favorites. "Smooth and under control" - my personal preference.

One of many SU fantasies, (along with Smart's shot rims out, 4 years of Carmelo, AO doesn't gets hurt and Fab goes to class), is four years of a sober Edelin at the point and GMAC at his natural 2 guard positon.

One of many SU fantasies, (along with Smart's shot rims out, 4 years of Carmelo, AO doesn't gets hurt and Fab goes to class), is four years of a sober Edelin at the point and GMAC at his natural 2 guard positon.
I count at least 4 national championships and maybe more in that fantasy

And Z Sims doesn't come up lame in the middle of the championship game in 1996.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom