Brissett over Battle | Syracusefan.com

Brissett over Battle

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
With the game on the line or when we need a basket, i want the ball in brisett’s hands. I think hes the better player and is able to drive and score/ create scoring opportunities better than Battle. Only thing Battle is better at this moment is shooting and that could change as the season progresses.

With the game on the line or when we need a basket, i want the ball in brisett’s hands. I think hes the better player and is able to drive and score/ create scoring opportunities better than Battle. Only thing Battle is better at this moment is shooting and that could change as the season progresses.

We had that. We lost to the Bonnies that way. He had the chance to win it twice.

Percentages tell me he'd be the last person I'd want with the ball with the game on the line.

We had that. We lost to the Bonnies that way. He had the chance to win it twice.

One was his fault, and the other he made a great play and got robbed.

Tyus is our dude in crunch time. Give Shae a year or two and that will be his role. Too much offensive firepower from Battle to not go with him

I will guarantee that sometime between now and March someone makes a post on that forum titled, more or less: "No one I would rather have with the game on the line than Tyus Battle."

People massively over-react to individual games. Battle was bad yesterday. He'll be good some other days.

Percentages tell me he'd be the last person I'd want with the ball with the game on the line.
Agreed. Brissett can get to the line, and has tons of potential, but his shooting percentage is below 35% for the year. That is god awful. If anything, Frank may end being in the position to knock down some game winners. He's looking better and better at hitting the open jumpers.

That is the whole problem. With the game on the line we should be moving the ball to get the best look for any one of our big three. The ball should not be stagnant in anybody's hands. Also, nothing wrong with getting it in Moyer's hands if the opponents get careless & he can sneak in for one of his patented two handed dunks.

At this stage I would not trust Marek or Chuk to finish an important play no matter how open they may appear.

I think you may be a bit premature on this but I won;t totally discount it. Brissett is getting better on his drives from the free throw line. He gets good looks but is having a hard time finishing, he has missed an inordinate number of EASY layups he worked hard to get and just couldn't put it in the hoop (very Jason Hart like). But Battle has a hard time finishing against pressure also and usually ends up with a falling backwards shot on his way to the floor. I would rather Battle pull up and take the 8-10 footer or shoot the 3. Personally I'd put the ball in Frank's hands and let him drive and hopefully dish to an open man for a dunk or layup. Brissett looks fine on his jump shot, just needs to shot a few thousand more in the gym.

Tyus is our dude in crunch time. Give Shae a year or two and that will be his role. Too much offensive firepower from Battle to not go with him
Yes, he can create for himself all over the floor and is our best free throw shooter.

If he could draw a foul, I wouldn't mind. He's taken the most FT's on the team, and it isn't even close. Hitting almost 80%.

Battle has been clutch for us time and time again.

What I have a problem with is that it seems like WF couldn't stop Brisset driving, so why didn't he do that more often?

If he could draw a foul, I wouldn't mind. He's taken the most FT's on the team, and it isn't even close. Hitting almost 80%.

Agreed. But not risking help from the refs at the end of the game.

Agreed. But not risking help from the refs at the end of the game.
Oh, I get it. I was just saying that was one reason. Agreed he is not lighting it up from the floor.

Was I wrong? I love them both. Just not last night.
They didn't have their best games for sure, but that wasn't the OP's intent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom