Brissett over Battle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brissett over Battle

Brissett usually drives to the hoop and draws a foul or spins and lays it in the hoop, battle mostly pulls up for the J or drives and shoots the floater. I prefer Brissett’s method of attack. You can tell he’s mastered that spin move even if it doesn’t go in 100% of the time.

Brissett has a higher ceiling than Battle imo and will be a nightmare after he improves his shooting percentage. He’s already registering double doubles and scoring with his shot being less than stellar so far.

Frank has hit several more big shots than each so far this season.
battle hit a 3 at the buzzer last year to win a big game for us. Howard has never done anything like that.

Brissett has a higher ceiling than Battle imo and will be a nightmare after he improves his shooting percentage. He’s already registering double doubles and scoring with his shot being less than stellar so far.
That isn't now.

Brissett usually drives to the hoop and draws a foul or spins and lays it in the hoop, battle mostly pulls up for the J or drives and shoots the floater. I prefer Brissett’s method of attack. You can tell he’s mastered that spin move even if it doesn’t go in 100% of the time.
OB’s footwork is better than Battles. He can use a quick step or cross-over going either left or right. Battle can’t drive and go off his right foot. He almost always finishes with his right hand even if he’s going off the wrong foot and going left. Battle is a great kid and is a good player, but he needs to get much lower with the ball and get his hips and shoulders past his man instead of creating space by pushing off.

OB’s footwork is better than Battles. He can use a quick step or cross-over going either left or right. Battle can’t drive and go off his right foot. He almost always finishes with his right hand even if he’s going off the wrong foot and going left. Battle is a great kid and is a good player, but he needs to get much lower with the ball and get his hips and shoulders past his man instead of creating space by pushing off.

Good point...you must have coached the game. I love Battle and his game. I want him taking the 3 with the game on the line, or getting to the free throw line. But he is not good off the dribble for all the reasons you mentioned (we are going to be in the minority on that one).

It will become much more obvious as the ACC season plays out that JB is setting up Brissett as the go to guy in late game situations. Everyone can look at his shooting stats. The real point is that he has consistently been able to break down his man off the dribble, going left or right, and get to the rim even when the help rotates to him. He is not good at finishing, but he gets to the rim and he creates fouls. This is a twofold bonus because he is very good at the line and he creates foul trouble for the D.

battle hit a 3 at the buzzer last year to win a big game for us. Howard has never done anything like that.

He did hit that big shot, but as the third option. Tough to see him getting that open at the end of a game this year. I agree overall that at this point Tyus is probably the better first option in end of game, but Frank could find himself with an open look with the defense keying on TB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom