British Open, 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

British Open, 2017

20294350_10155547001684784_1807328112945240656_n.png

He may not stand alone at 62 by the end of the day. With the only two par 5's on the course coming up in the last 7 holes, Dustin Johnson only needs to go -3 the rest of the way to also shoot a 62.

Clearly it's an easier day. Not sure if Miller will defend his 63 at Oakmont vs Grace's 62.

This is setting up to an awesome day of golf. Would love to see Rory go really low and make it into tomorrow's final pairing with Jordan who I think shoots no worse than 66.

He may not stand alone at 62 by the end of the day. With the only two par 5's on the course coming up in the last 7 holes, Dustin Johnson only needs to go -3 the rest of the way to also shoot a 62.

Clearly it's an easier day. Not sure if Miller will defend his 63 at Oakmont vs Grace's 62.
Of course Johnny Miller will come up with a way to say his 63 was better. He's Johnny Miller.

I'd like to tell you I knew all along about Austin Connelly, but I honestly hadn't heard of him before this weekend. :noidea:

Of course Johnny Miller will come up with a way to say his 63 was better. He's Johnny Miller.

Indeed, Miller hasn't aged gracefully. He's always been acerbic, and where he used to be insightful he now offers only reaction.

Not a good sign to see Spieth pansy out on the easy to drive Par 4 Fifth. Many players have had decent eagle putts already.

Indeed, Miller hasn't aged gracefully. He's always been acerbic, and where he used to be insightful he now offers only reaction.
I actually think he's a decent analyst. But his arrogance/dickishness is too much in that regard.

The field wasn't going to luck out and have Spieth miss about four 15 feet putts in a row.

His driving is bad, but when he is finding the fairways his iron play is great.

The field wasn't going to luck out and have Spieth miss about four 15 feet putts in a row.

His driving is bad, but when he is finding the fairways his iron play is great.

Yes, for there are no trees. Good golfers can play from the rough, however there are no good golfers from the trees.

Yes, for there are no trees. Good golfers can play from the rough, however there are no good golfers from the trees.

As far as I can remember there are quite a few trees at Augusta. And many wild drivers have won on US Parkland courses. They just have to set themselves up for decent scrambling opportunities when they veer off.

I missed the first 3 holes of Spieth today but his driving has been very good so far. The field is actually a bit lucky he has only at -9 given the way he has drove the ball in this round.

As far as I can remember there are quite a few trees at Augusta. And many wild drivers have won on US Parkland courses. They just have to set themselves up for decent scrambling opportunities when they veer off.

I missed the first 3 holes of Spieth today but his driving has been very good so far. The field is actually a bit lucky he has only at -9 given the way he has drove the ball in this round.
Spieth looks pretty locked-in ball striking wise. The field's in trouble if his putter gets hot on the back.

All of the final groups seem to be struggling on the first. (Not a huge wind, but enough to make a difference on this hole). If Spieth can be the one that manages to hit the fairway it could be fairly telling.

I'm not rooting against Speith, rather I'm rooting for Kuchar. Speith is 23 and will win more majors during his career, however Kuchar is 39. He's long been a gracious competitor and a dignified ambassador for the game, and I hope this is his time.

Cow I think you've hit on one of the difficulties in the Open Championship. These guys are often unable to to see what they are aiming for. They have to pick a line and go for it. That is hard to do consistently over four rounds of golf. As far as the bunkers go a lot of these links courses have no defense other than the bunkers and heather. Remember if you or I played the course the fairways would be much wider than what you see in the Open. Personally I'd love to play most of these courses although I can understand why some one wouldn't like the way they look or play. The ones that bother me is when they are so dried out that everything is yellow or brown. You know when the guys hit a shot from the fairway and rather than a divot you get a cloud of dust. Then of course the ball rolls for ever when its that dry.
Nothing like a good long roll.

The desert rat.

Wow. I think he should go back to the tee, drop the ball and play for bogey. Trying to play the shot he's setting up for is fraught with potential for disaster. Still, he is Speith ...

Last edited:
Wow this has taken forever. Jordan isn't exactly a fast player even under normal circumstances.

one of the bizarrest moments in major championship history. It was interesting to watch

At the risk of sounding repetitive, wow. What a remarkable recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom