Brohm and Purdue | Syracusefan.com

Brohm and Purdue

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I know I've been criticized before for stating this, but what that guy has done there is pretty solid. Their offense seems well ahead of ours in terms of execution and pace and they did it with a QB playing 4 games with an ACL tear. They were 9-40 before he got there. Why that guy isn't getting poached is a mystery. That is a serious re-build that was done quick with a style of play that is fast, fun and balanced.

Butch Davis did a similar job at FIU. They were 14-34 during the Ron Turner era.
They went 8-5 this season.

And before Turner was Cristobal who went 27-47.
They started their football program with Don Strock who went 15-41.

Brohm smartly stayed away from the Tennessee job.
Unless Louisville comes up real soon he and Matt Campbell will be the Tom Herman candidates for plum coaching jobs when they open up next.

You think we hit 6 wins against their schedule?

@Louisville, Ohio, @ MIssouri, Mich, Minn, @Wiscy, @Rutgirls, Nebraska, Illinois, @ NW, @ Iowa, Indiana - not sure I see 6 wins. Interesting though.

Tend to agree. I know the cool thing to do on the board is to pretend the Big 10 is basically I-AA but I'm not sure we get to 6 wins there.

He lost to Rutgirls, just saying, but he has done a nice job there, Purdue was a trainwreck when he took over.

You think we hit 6 wins against their schedule?

@Louisville, Ohio, @ MIssouri, Mich, Minn, @Wiscy, @Rutgirls, Nebraska, Illinois, @ NW, @ Iowa, Indiana - not sure I see 6 wins. Interesting though.
For sure

Purdue lost to Louisville by 7 points (35-28). Against the Cuse the Louisville sideline was goofing around by halftime (56-10).

Last edited:
Purdue lost to Louisville by 7 points (35-28). Against the Cuse the Louisville sideline was goofing around by halftime (56-10).

I think we would have hung with LVille in the first game of the season with a full squad.

I think we would have hung with LVille in the first game of the season with a full squad.
I think so too. This 2017 Cuse team was good enough to go bowling for sure. I feel bad for the seniors. They deserved to play a 13th game.

Last edited:
Brohm smartly stayed away from the Tennessee job.
Unless Louisville comes up real soon he and Matt Campbell will be the Tom Herman candidates for plum coaching jobs when they open up next.
Campbell signed a large extension after the season. Says he isn’t done rebuilding at ISU.

Campbell signed a large extension after the season. Says he isn’t done rebuilding at ISU.
For now.
If Campbell has another good year he will get plum job offers.
He wasn’t on the radar this year.

I know I've been i like hicriticized before for stating this, but what that guy has done there is pretty solid. Their offense seems well ahead of ours in terms of execution and pace and they did it with a QB playing 4 games with an ACL tear. They were 9-40 before he got there. Why that guy isn't getting poached is a mystery. That is a serious re-build that was done quick with a style of play that is fast, fun and balanced.
i like his offense.

Living in Indiana what Brohm has done at Purdue is amazing, their alumni and fan base cant believe it (they feel like its a dream) esp as quickly as he has turned the program around.

I disagree with those above he will get 6 wins again next year and will get a large pay day when the season is over......if the new AD at Louisville is smart he gets rid of the bike riding crook Bobby Petrino as soon as he can and hires Brohm.....

And if you were going to play Mizzou, you wanted it to be early. They were awful to start.

Brohm was one of the coaches I wanted. Im still happy with Dino but I cant help to notice the job Brohm has done. lets see how they do next year. Sometimes coaches have quick turnarounds but have set backs in year 2 or 3.

Ditto I had him, Dino and Montgomery from
Tulsa on my list. Very happy with Dino but Brohm did a great job. Good point about year 2 or 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom