Broyld or Allen + Funderburk =Explosive O | Syracusefan.com

Broyld or Allen + Funderburk =Explosive O

CaliCuse

All American

Add Thompson, Morris or Mcfarlane and even Edwards to the equation and we is going to be national television material next season. This year should also be fun considering the time is now for Doug to start improving the team and Ryan is auditioning for Sunday employment.:p

Let's wait until any of those guys get here/prove they can play before we get excited.

Let's wait until any of those guys get here/prove they can play before we get excited.
Like guys with all that astronomy objects next to their names I'm expecting them to perform to their reputation and resumes. Otherwise I understand your point but I'm still greatly anticipating that offense. Its more fun that way.:p

Did we ever find out for sure if Funderburke was coming here? Is it a definite?

Add Thompson, Morris or Mcfarlane and even Edwards to the equation and we is going to be national television material next season. This year should also be fun considering the time is now for Doug to start improving the team and Ryan is auditioning for Sunday employment.:p

Don't hold your breath on funderburke.

I won't hold my breath on any one of these kids but is that based on your gut or is there more?

I feel like we are fairly stocked in the offensive skill positions. I worry about QB depth and the O-line. If the O-line is serviceable, we could have a potent offense.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does DYHB stand for?

They are all freshmen. Relax

Excuse my ignorance, but what does DYHB stand for?
DHYB = Don't Hold Your Breath = This is unlikely to happen

Is Bryan Johnson, the JUCO DE from Nassau CC also a DHYB type player?

sutomcat's Laws of Internet Message Boards

Law 1

Every program continues in its current state unless compelled to change that state by extraordinary external forces that act upon it (i.e. Dick MacPherson, Doug Marrone, NCAA investigators, hot blonde employees of the athletic department, etc.).

Law 2

The acceleration of a program is directly proportional to the number of blue chip recruits that matriculate there and is inversely proportional to the mass of its rival fan base.

Law 3

When two programs interact with each other, these actions and reactions are equal in magnitude, but opposite in direction (i.e. a great win for team A over rival B is a disasterous loss for B, when team A lands a highly touted recruit team B desired, the fans of team A celebrate greatly and the fans of team B claim they never offered and that their recruiting has never been better, etc.).

Law 4

No news is bad news

Witness Quinta Funderburk, Bryan Johnson, etc.

Funderburke was always an icing on the cake type of guy as the red flags were there that this kid might not make it. Regardless Marrone and staff really need to bring in at least two WR's this class, the position isnt deep to begin with and next year could really be in bad shape.

DHYB = Don't Hold Your Breath = This is unlikely to happen

sutomcat's Laws of Internet Message Boards

Law 1

Every program continues in its current state unless compelled to change that state by extraordinary external forces that act upon it (i.e. Dick MacPherson, Doug Marrone, NCAA investigators, hot blonde employees of the athletic department, etc.).

Law 2

The acceleration of a program is directly proportional to the number of blue chip recruits that matriculate there and is inversely proportional to the mass of its rival fan base.

Law 3

When two programs interact with each other, these actions and reactions are equal in magnitude, but opposite in direction (i.e. a great win for team A over rival B is a disasterous loss for B, when team A lands a highly touted recruit team B desired, the fans of team A celebrate greatly and the fans of team B claim they never offered and that their recruiting has never been better, etc.).

Law 4

No news is bad news

Witness Quinta Funderburk, Bryan Johnson, etc.

Got it, thanks for clarification. And I agree with you in this case that no news is bad news.

However, we have not had any news from the current roster of SU Football, unlike last season's offseason that started with Cater's robbery charges and also included Gulley (stabbing), Miller (assault) and Sales (drugs). What a disaster that was.

So in that respect, I'd say no news (knock on wood) is good news.

I, for one, think it would be awesome to get this guy in the program.
BryanJohnson.jpeg