Bruce Pearl on JB | Syracusefan.com

Bruce Pearl on JB

moqui

generational talent
Bruce Pearl has a long blog post up at the ESPN College Basketball Blog that is highly complimentary of JB. Here is an excerpt:

On a bigger scale, the discussion sometimes turns to whether Syracuse is among the “blue bloods” of college basketball. Both Boeheim and his university aren’t on most people's top-five list, but he’s certainly on mine.

Here’s another list for you: 1) Kentucky; 2) Kansas; 3) North Carolina; 4) Duke; 5) Syracuse. That is a list of the programs with the most wins in Division I history. The Orange are fifth all time and will have 1,852 wins when Boeheim reaches his 900th. You don’t see UCLA, Louisville or Michigan State on that list. Indiana, UConn and Georgetown are not on it, either. Syracuse is on it because of Boeheim.

A debate about things like that is for the fans, but the statistics tell a very real story. Jim Boeheim has had a historic career while at Syracuse and deserves to be recognized as one of the game's true icons.

I thought one thread was going to be "The Upside of JB" and the other "The Downside of JB."

So some time next season JB will probably account for half of the wins of the 5th winningest program. Pretty damn good.

However, I agree that SU is not a blue blood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom