Bruce Pearl to Auburn... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bruce Pearl to Auburn...

Neither does Tennessee.

And Florida never cared about basketball until Donovan arrived. Bring in a talented coach and things become possible.

Tennessee cares about both basketball and football. I agree they like football more, but they are top 10 in basketball attendance.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2013.pdf
8. Tennessee 16,635
85. Auburn 6,257

Also, Florida basketball turned around from 1987 on. Since 1987, Florida has cared about basketball. Lon Kruger took Florida to the 1994 Final Four before Donovan.
I don't get why you are debating this point honestly.

Auburn should keep the recruiting phone away from Pearl... only let him do in person and on campus recruiting. Auburn also needs to hire a recruiting regulations czar to keep an eye on things.

Pearl will do well enough at Auburn to possibly give him another chance at a bigger program in 3-4 years.

Last edited:
The head of Compliance at Auburn is the guy who led the NCAA investigation on Pearl. You really can't make this stuff up...

Big schools aren't paying to make sure they obey the rules, they are paying to make sure they can find the holes in the rules.

I'm somewhat surprised by this hire since AU's compliance department has erred on the side of caution ever since the Newton situation. Then again, maybe it's a case of "we know that Pearl is going to be scrutinized & we are fine with that because there's nothing to hide". Anyway, according to some Auburn basketball apologists the fact that the school's shoe contract is with Under Armour is a major hindrance & a new coach ain't gonna change that.

The head of Compliance at Auburn is the guy who led the NCAA investigation on Pearl. You really can't make this stuff up...

Big schools aren't paying to make sure they obey the rules, they are paying to make sure they can find the holes in the rules.
No, the head of compliance at Auburn is Rich McGlynn who left the NCAA in 2006 - 2 years before Bruce's cookout with Aaron Craft.

No, the head of compliance at Auburn is Rich McGlynn who left the NCAA in 2006 - 2 years before Bruce's cookout with Aaron Craft.

My mistake- not the director of compliance, it was this "was told on Monday that Dave Didion (now at Auburn), lead investigator on Bruce Pearl case while at NCAA, backed/supported the Pearl hire." Anyway I think this shows that people who work for the NCAA often have issue with how rules are enforced. I mean Pearl lied to this guy during the investigation and he has can support him being hired.

Can't wait until we can all stop pretending that this is about anything other than wins and revenue.

This might have been mentioned already but I just read Pearl's show-cause is still in effect until August 23 so he can't recruit off campus until then. Well he's not supposed to.....

Start the clock on BB sanctions against Auburn I'll give it three years. Leopards don't change their spots.

Why would he want one? He'd rather talk than coach.
I guess my thought process was that guys who have coach have a competitive fire in the,m and I would think he would want to prove that he is a good enough coach to get a team to the tournament.

Is there any chance Seth Greenburg gets a job this offseason?

according to wiki he turns 59 next month, so he's not that old, but I think he keeps the TV money and stays on the sidelines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom