BU Point Guard transferring (Could SU be a destination) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BU Point Guard transferring (Could SU be a destination)

OmahaCuse said:
I think we are making a big mistake by not adding depth at Guard. But, one would hope the coaches "know" and if they really need another guy they go grab him. Maybe the plan next year is to play press and fast break basketball with less emphasis on half court and needing a true PG? Ennis really slowed the tempo down maybe we get back to run and gun.
Jb doesn't generally "recruit over" guys. He already has 4 guys. If he brings one in, he'd be cutting time from others. If anything we need a big.

how can you be confident in a guy going into next year that you had zero confidence in this year, to the point he couldn't get on the court in any meaningful capacity. thats not confidence..thats cognitive dissonance
he was confident in michael carter williams

it's just a numbers game with jb

eh. If he brings in a 5th year and promises him nothing but the opportunity to compete, oh and BTW get a free grad degree how can it hurt. if it motivates KJ, great, if it moves MG back to a 2-3 instead of PG, great. It doesn't impact Buss or TC, just a kid (KJ) who hasn't played a minute yet and will need seasoning. ISU won big with DeAndre Kane. We need ball handlers, TC, Buss, MG, aren't penetrators. They just aren't. Every year we think we have depth and we don't. JB's too smart to not realize this. He's also stubborn as can be. Now if there is no one out there good enough, thats a completely different story. I have no idea.

I would at least love to see an experienced PG have the opportunity to push the incoming freshman. It would be better for everyone. The freshman doesn't know he's already got the starting nod and we know we have a quality back up. This is assuming the kid could actually play.