Buddy’s scoring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy’s scoring

You literally make your opinion a fact when it’s simply not a factual statement.
My god stop doing this and just say your opinion without making it like this.
Buddy has struggled with defenders face guarding him. He has made the open clean looks.
He has struggled shooting because defenses key on him.

I swear you troll for no reason.
Finish your coffee bro...

Buddy has missed A TON of open looks this season. I can’t tell ya how many times I’ve said to myself, my wife, or posted on a game thread:

“Buddy has to hit that shot”

His stroke has come around a bit the last few games. And that doesn’t take anything away from what others are doing (or are not doing) while on the court.

Finish your coffee bro...

Buddy has missed A TON of open looks this season. I can’t tell ya how many times I’ve said to myself, my wife, or posted on a game thread:

“Buddy has to hit that shot”

His stroke has come around a bit the last few games. And that doesn’t take anything away from what others are doing (or are not doing) while on the court.
No he hasn’t not that you care about advanced stats or actual stats.

He is shooting 46% from 3 on catch and shoot.
Synergy sports breaks this stuff down.
He has been shooting off a dribble too much at 27% from 3.

No he hasn’t that you care about advanced stats.
He has been shooting off a dribble too much.
He’s missed a lot of catch and shoots this year. He didn’t yesterday.

He’s missed a lot of catch and shoots this year. He didn’t yesterday.
Buddy is good on catch and shoot.
He struggles when creating his own 3’s

Which is part of the reason Kadary matters.

Why are you acting like a snot?
Because this Buddy game yesterday is like the Trevor Cooney game in 2014 against Notre Dame.

I can’t stand Cous trolling. It’s bullchit.

Buddy is good on catch and shoot.
He struggles when creating his own 3’s

Which is part of the reason Kadary matters.
Stats are fine. Not all catch and shoots are built the same. Watching the games is how you are smarter than a bunch of numbers.

Buddy has missed huge catch and shoots throughout the season that he should have been burying.

He’s made some big time catch and shoots recently that have helped us win. The same type he was missing earlier this year.

No denying Buddy had a great game. The "told you so's" have their day.
And if Buddy goes 1-11 from 3 being face guarded in a bad loss to Duke tomorrow...
Buddy can have great games, but pedestals are for consistently great players.
This season, Buddy's overall performance has not been consistent or "great".

Very happy for Buddy, hope he has a great game vs Duke, and that he far exceeds expectations for the remainder of his career. More of yesterday's winning lineup may help with that.

No he hasn’t not that you care about advanced stats or actual stats.

He has been shooting off a dribble too much at 27% from 3.

Off the dribble has a lot to do with getting his feet set too.

In our losses Buddy averages 12.4 points. In wins he is a tick above 17 points per game. This includes a 2 point effort in the beginning of the season.

Lots of reasons why this is the case. Certainly floor spacing, his shooting, defensive scheme all play into it. But numbers say we are better when Buddy scores over 17 points.
Statistics show when our players score more our team scores more and when our team scores more our team wins more.

No denying Buddy had a great game. The "told you so's" have their day.
And if Buddy goes 1-11 from 3 being face guarded in a bad loss to Duke tomorrow...
Buddy can have great games, but pedestals are for consistently great players.
This season, Buddy's overall performance has not been consistent or "great".

Very happy for Buddy, hope he has a great game vs Duke, and that he far exceeds expectations for the remainder of his career. More of yesterday's winning lineup may help with that.
This is exactly how I feel. Yesterday was Buddy’s win he gets a lot of credit.
When you do well you get praise.
When you get a lot of spin when you struggle then shut up when he does well or else don’t spin.

Also i’ll Believe when we get a SG recruit before 2023 when I see it and that is a joke.

Buddy wasn’t going to shoot 29% from 3 the whole season. I said regression to the mean would likely happen because he is too good a shooter to shoot that percentage based on past performance. There were some fans who jumped on that and hammered home the fact that he was a 29% shooter.

That said it also can be true that he should have played less minutes when he was hurting us with terrible shot selection and kept firing.

It’s been fairly obvious that Buddy plays better against teams who are not strong defensively. The upper tier teams in this league, who can really guard you, cause him to struggle. Duke will likely be tough...their defense has improved and they are coming off a great win vs UVA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom